20 February 2026

The Night Agent–Season 3

Hey welcome in. 

I have been waiting for a long time for Season 3 of The Night Agent to be released on Netflix.  Thankfully it’s here and I started watching.  It’s highly compelling and really captures my attention to the point where I am totally engrossed in it and I forget about everything else.  I like that kind of entertainment, it provides an escape from reality.  I didn’t want to stop watching but I knew that once I took my sleeping meds that it wouldn’t be but an hour and I would be out.  Well I managed to get a little extra time but eventually the medicine won.  I am anxious to get back into it and finish it hopefully today.  I know that I will wish for more once it’s done like every series that I watch.  This for sure made my evening. 

Before starting the Night Agent I noticed Mora was watching something in the Kitchen.  I went to check it out and it was another Stink Bug.  I grabbed it and drowned it in the kitchen sink.  No odor.  She is so hyper aware of her surroundings that I don’t know if anything could get past her.  She’s a great watch cat.  I know if that bug would have given her the opportunity to pounce she would have.  According to my former exterminator no house is 100% sealed and the Stink Bugs take advantage of that worming their way in.  Some Silica Gel dusted around in the attic helps but hey who actually has time or patience to do that?  Not me and I no longer have an exterminator, my problem left and I had no reason to keep them around.  They wanted in the house every other month that became a hassle.  I tried to skip one time when one guy said I could his management said nope.  So I told them come on out it’s your last visit.  If I didn’t let them in they would treat the exterior of the house but there was no change in price, so I was screwing myself by not opening the door. 

On the work front I did a very good job of letting things pile up yesterday.  I took what I deemed my fair share but I made sure there was plenty left over.  The backlog cleared out and now were just in waiting mode for the next backlog to start.  My boss claimed that he was on a 3 hour call.  He really isn’t poised to take an on-call role because he can’t devote enough time to it and he depends on everyone else to pull his weight.  Whereas when I or the mistake maker are on call we take it all regardless of what comes up.  That’s why I say when the boss is on-call were all on-call because were the ones that do the majority of the work.  Our former collogue that retired last Friday’s job hasn’t been posted yet.  They are hammering out details and it should be posted soon.  I watch every day with anticipation.  I hope who ever fills that position pulls their weight and knows what they are doing, it will certainly help to make my life easier.  However, there will be a learning curve and we are months away from that point.  So for now it’s stress and frustration city as we wait. 

Last night I went to use the restroom before I turned in for the night and I heard the same noise that I heard the night prior where it sounded like something was rattling pipes.  I broke out my spotlight and headed downstairs, naked.  The cats were in toe but I stopped them at the door.  I knew it was the baby raccoons under the deck making the noise.  I checked everything just to make sure somehow they didn’t rip off part of the house and climb inside.  Thankfully they had not.  Everything appears intact and fine.  I’m wondering if they are stuck and can’t find a way out.  I’ve got a cutout on my deck that is how the adults got in to mate it’s a tiny hole but they squeezed through.  I can pull the cutout and it will create a larger opening it would allow them to leave but it would also allow any predators to enter.  The google machine just told me that Raccoons & Skunks coexist but they fight over food and shelter.  The last thing I want is a smelly war breaking out.  I’ve got mixed feelings.  I also know that Raccoons can do a considerable amount of damage to a house or structure and I don’t want that.  I see what I presume to be Papa racoon coming and going each night multiple times, he chats with the family and then leaves.  He seems to be nervous or concerned to me but I don’t know much about wildlife.  If I do open the cutout I run the risk of the momma or even the kids attacking me, I also don’t want that.  If I decide to move forward I’m pretty sure doing it during the daytime would be the best and easiest way to avoid any conflict.  The come nigh time they could either stay hunkered down or leave.  I kind of want to let it be and let nature sort it out but I don’t want any damage.  This isn’t the first Racoon family that my deck has provided a home for and the others all got out and left on their own with no involvement from me.  I haven’t seen any of the babies but in the past I’ve watched them they are so cute to watch.  They look like they could be great pets but not with Rudy & Mora around.  I worked with a guy who had a Racoon as a pet growing up.  He said the funniest thing was to feed them sugar cubes.  They wash everything before they eat it and the sugar cubes would dissolve and the Racoon would have the most confused and puzzled look on it’s face, like where in the world did that go?

It’s colder here and I heard that were in for a dusting of snow overnight.  Nothing to worry about and it should melt off quickly but we are back into normal Winter temperatures for the weekend.  We will see a warm up next week. 

Looking forward to grabbing a shower tomorrow morning and seeing where the day takes me.  I want out of this house and on the road.  Been virtually car shopping just to see what’s out there.  If I make a move this year and get a new vehicle it will be closer to my birthday which is in the Fall.  I keep going back and forth as I have for a while.  I want something new but really don’t want to part ways with this vehicle.  I have no reason to own 2 vehicles.  Speaking of which it’s time to pay for car insurance again, the bill is waiting for me at the post office.  That for sure will go up if I get something new. 

Here’s hoping it’s an awesome Friday for all of us and just as equally awesome of a weekend.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: