12 February 2026

Jinx

Morning!

I jinxed myself yesterday by saying in a meeting that things were calm and the normal stuff that we deal with had slowed down.  Well just before lunch a wave of work poured in and it started off easy but quickly mounted.  I looked at the clock when I was done and it was 3p.  Glad that I went by Rudy’s clock yesterday and ate at 11a. 

After that the rest of the day was pretty much a breeze.  We have a meeting tomorrow to say goodbye to a colleague that is retiring.  We were all told we need to have video on for that meeting.  I tested my camera on my laptop and had to fight a little bit with my antivirus software but I got it working.  Funny thing if I join Zoom from the laptop directly I can have a virtual background.  If I go through the work system I can’t.  I thought it was rather odd.  I hope that I can keep my composure during the meeting.  I’m not a huge fan of goodbyes.  I would have thought that we as a team would have gotten him a card or something but nope.  Glad I sent him a card on my own accord, it’s the right thing to do.  Our boss is so random when it comes to cards.  He used to send them out like they were Kleenex and now nothing, not even a Christmas card. 

Flipping through YouTube videos yesterday once things settled back down, I saw that James Van der Beek passed away.  Sad he was so young and fought quite the battle with colo rectal cancer.  Sounds quite unpleasant.  He was hot especially when he was younger but I never had a crush on him per se.  48 such a young age.  Hope he’s resting in peace. 

Had a muscle knot last night in my back that was bothering me.  I opted to break out the cupping set and made sure infrared was turned off.  It helped but Rudy became interested in this device that was on my back.  He sniffed and pawed at it then just watched it work it’s magic.  Eventually he got sleepy and drifted off while sitting next to me.  Of course I didn’t want to move but when my time was up I wanted that thing off my back so I had to wake him.

Slept okay for the most part just didn’t feel highly rested when I woke up and my body got me up at 5a but I tossed for an hour and eventually got up at 6a just to use the bathroom.  Rudy hated to see me climb back in bed because he was ready for breakfast.  However, I made him wait a little bit before I got going. 

Normally getting up early usually works to my advantage because there is some crisis at work that I didn’t know about and I need to take care of it or it unfolds just after I log on.  Thus far it’s peaceful and it’s been over an hour, hopefully that can be the theme for the day. 

I am all caught up and just twiddling my thumbs so I will probably go up and get logged in to be near the cats.  Maybe even try to take a nap.  Only real thing on the agenda today is to get the trash out. 

Hope all is warm and well in your neck of the woods.   

 

 

No comments: