11 February 2026

Cha-Ching

Morning!

Woke up to a nice surprise from the IRS.  My refund was deposited this morning.  I totally didn’t expect it that fast.  Now I’m only waiting on a state refund.  Since I had to mail that return I have to allow 10 weeks for them to get it and then who knows how long before processing.  However, I am hopeful that by this time next month I will have that money.  I’m certainly not banking on it though. 

Forgot about the pizza last night and totally focused on store bought Lasagna.  It was so good but very rich, I was only able to eat half of it.  Today I’ve got pizza for lunch and Lasagna for supper.  Not bad!  Just wish I had some Cheese Garlic Bread to go with it. 

Had Potato Soup with Cheese & Crackers yesterday for lunch.  I wasn’t really full but as soon as I was done work started hopping.  When things calmed down about an hour later I fetched some yogurt and sat on the couch.  Rudy was sleeping next to me and as soon as I sat down he woke up hearing me tear into the package.  He got a good sniff but no yogurt for him.  I just gently pushed him away and he folded like a cheap chair and went right back to sleep.  I was amazed that he gave up so easily and quickly too. 

We had a nice warm up yesterday and the snow is gone.  You still see a patch here or there but I can see my front yard again.  I’ve got to call a landscaper to come trim bushes and pickup stick from last year.  The guy I called last year, clearly isn’t coming.  He said he would and he’s known for being super late but I’m not giving him too much more time.  Looking at the calendar Spring will be here next month.  I’m not ready for it just because it means more sneezing, closer to grass cutting time. 

My colleague that is retiring on Friday called me yesterday to let me know that he got my card.  I mentioned it in an email I sent to him.  I’m guessing he has a mail slot or some place to check.  Whereas in my office if I get something they have always brought it to my desk, even before I had an actual office.  I just wanted to make sure that he got the card.  I honestly wish I was retiring too, the older I get and the longer I work the more I am ready to be done with it.  I realize that work and the cats are what’s keeping me going but honestly I think I would be okay with money flowing in and not actually having to deal with the BS of work.  Ah well I can dream.  Not looking forward to Friday when we get to say our goodbyes but it’s all part of the job.

Still watching Schitts Creek and the occasional You Tube video to throw in some variety.  Also still working a bit in the morning at my desk and then heading up and spending the bulk of the day upstairs hunched over my laptop and with the cats.  They seem to enjoy it and I like to see the sunshine.  It’s also nice to see them both sunbathe and nap by the window as they soak it all in.  We both seem to have our own set of routines.

One meeting on the books for today and who knows what else will roll in.  I’d like calm and drama free for the rest of the week.  Again I can dream, but that’s a bit closer to reality. 

Hope all is well in your world!

2 comments:

RB said...

Some people have jobs that they like, so continuing to work is no problem. For others, it's long hours and misery. Nice to have the option of retiring when you've had enough.

Jeremy Ryan said...

I really wish I had that luxury. I tell everyone the same thing. I will be working up until lunch time on the day of my funeral. I just don't foresee retirement, perhaps that will change.