22 February 2026

LAZY SUNDAY

Welcome!

Rudy woke me up faithfully on time as usual. He tried for 5a but that’s way too early regardless of the day of the week. I’m sure if there is a day that I give in to a 5a wakeup call he would never forget it. He got me up closer to 7a and I rolled out of bed reluctantly. Today was one of those days where I wished I could have just stayed put.

I got going and headed out into the cold for breakfast. Went back to the usual place and had a dish that my brother turned me onto years ago. Country Fried Steak and Eggs. It was good, but I did miss feeding my sweet tooth. Paid the bill and hit up the grocery store.

I watched a YouTube video on Friday all about frozen food and it turned me on to a couple new brands like Amy’s and Kevin’s. They are higher priced meals for frozen dinners but better ingredients and are supposed to leave you satisfied. I found a few dishes that looked appealing to me and I’m giving them a try, hopefully I enjoy them.

Next stop was the gas station, and I hated this one the most. The card reader always seems to have problems with reading one of my cards and this morning was no exception, but it would have been nice to have it work to get out of the cold wind. Saw a couple of large birds that I hadn’t seen before, they were feeding on some left-behind bread. They looked beautiful.

Made it home to unpack and while I would enjoy a nice Mexican dinner, it’s so cold and windy out that I think I am staying home. I kind of hate that because I won’t leave here all week (unless I manage to change my mind) but I’d rather be with the cats in a warm home than out in the elements.

Finished up with Schitts Creek. Couldn’t help but think of my wedding day watching David & Patrick getting married. What a great show that was. It’s one of those shows that I want more of, but it ended well on a happy note.

I still have some house cleaning chores to take care of. Listening to the scanner to see what mayhem is going on in my area. Just having fun being lazy and doing what I want. I did trim both cats claws last night. Neither of them was pleased about it but Mora put up the biggest fight. You’d think after 3 years they would both trust me more, I mean if I was going to harm them, I would have done it long ago. I get not being a fan of nail trims, I didn’t like them when I was younger, but I have gotten used to them, still not a fan though. Funny thing about a cat, they manage to sharpen their claws up rather quickly after a nail trim. Rudy making his biscuits and poking me with his sharp claws, I am allergic and break out. It looks like I have chicken pox or something without a shirt on. Plus, it itches and it’s no fun. However, I still love Rudy’s biscuits, it’s his begging skill to tell me he wants food.

Here’s hoping that this week is a good one. I’m getting to the house cleaning chores after this and then it will be back to find something to watch on TV. Hope it’s a great Sunday for you.

No comments: