Morning, As I felt the temperature rising in the house yesterday afternoon I opted to open a couple windows. That woke both cats up and they loved it as I knew they would. I loved the fact there was a breeze and artificially it felt like it would help cool things down. I wanted to open the sliding glass door but I saw that a stink bug made it’s way onto the screen. I was hoping it would work it’s way out and fly away.
Had the last of the Chili for supper last night. I was careful and didn’t burn myself. Closed up work a little bit early but not much before the normal COB (Close Of Business). Since I’ve been working at home I work longer hours, which is to the company’s advantage. I mean I’m just sitting here it’s not like I have anything going on. I should pack up and close up shop around 4p but I wait until 5 or 5:30p before I call it a day. If I am on-call it’s more like 6:30p just in case something comes in.
Around dusk I closed up the windows. The cats didn’t like that but hey it was time. The sun was gone and so I knew it would cool off, however the house retains heat so it would be hours before it would be felt in here.
Watching TV and relaxing, both cats asleep. Mora heard something and she perked up and jumped up on the back of the couch and started looking up. I knew exactly what to look for. It was that stink bug. She heard it long before I knew it was here. She is a great watch cat. It flew down on a lamp shade but she didn’t see where it landed. She knew it wasn’t on the ceiling anymore. I grabbed it and took it to the toilet where I flushed it. No stink in here. Mora stayed on high alert for another 15 minutes and then she settled down.
I went back to watching TV and then before too long it was time to prep for today and grab a shower. Off to bed and I slept great until 5a. Had to use the bathroom and then I know I heard something rattling the pipes at least that is what it sounded like. I couldn’t go back to bed so watched a little TV and closer to 6a I was ready to go back to bed. That would be a problem because I have to be up at 7a. I knew I would feel horrible and not want to, but I forced myself against my better judgement. Today would be the perfect day to just stay in bed.
I had what I call an energy pill which is nothing more than a Belvita soft oatmeal biscuit with my regular Cinnamon Oatmeal. That will give me energy for hours, hence why I call it an energy pill. Mora wasn’t feeling the best this morning from what I gather. She sat on the couch and didn’t come to breakfast. Rudy scarfed breakfast and came back for seconds when he saw Mora wasn’t moving in.
Both cats followed me to my room where I was getting dressed. Mora was certainly up for attention and she got her belly rub. Then she followed me out when I normally grab my water and then head downstairs. I saw she was sitting in the living room so I took the wet food to her. I know that she nibbled. She doesn’t like for me to watch her eat and if she catches me she stops. Not sure what that is all about, I mean we all eat. Rudy came in and that was the end of that. I moved the wet food back to the kitchen. I know she had something even if it was a nibble or two. The dry food was empty this morning so maybe she filled up on that and was full.
I’ve knocked out a few things for this morning at work. I’ve got one new thing that just came in to deal with. I think it’s going to be a long day, at least as of now there are no meetings on the agenda and the only thing on my calendar is lunch. I will keep an eye out and help when I feel like it. However, it’s kind of fun to let things build up just to see if anyone else will jump in. I’m usually the hero and people know that I will help so I think everyone expects me to take the work. I’ve spoiled them and that’s my fault. I thought it would not only make a positive impression but perhaps help me climb the ladder. Nope, it’s just got me more work and a new expectation. So I am trying to undo my kind deed.
We have the same warmer weather today but there are supposed to be storms and possibly some severe weather. I hope it’s nothing more than a little rain. I’m not ready for a tornado or hail storm just yet, I mean it’s still Winter.
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment