Morning – Well I made it to the local BBQ place. It was good and as usual in and out quickly. It felt more like a late Spring day out and I didn’t need a jacket we were at 65 degrees. Felt nice but a bit foreign to go outside without a coat.
I made my first stop the cat food store and now I have food for two weeks or perhaps a little longer, kind of depends if I give into begging.
Spent the evening in my bedroom watching a couple YouTube videos and mostly 48 hours episodes. I switched over to Crime In Progress and watched last weeks episode where a mailman was gunned down. That was interesting, I kept saying who in their right mind would shoot, much less kill a mailman. It’s a Federal Crime. Well it was his ex. What solved the case? Technology – camera footage, along with cell phone ping records. You literally can’t make a move today without being tracked, even if you leave your cell phone at home. There are ALPR (Automated License Plate Readers) and cameras everywhere. Part of me hates it but part of me also loves it because if you’ve done nothing wrong it will work in your favor or at least lets say it’s supposed to.
Went out to the garage later in the evening only to discover that something to into it with a skunk and I could smell that very distinct odor. I smelled something in my room but wasn’t quite clear on what it was. Thankfully it appears to be gone now that it’s morning. This happens once or twice a year. I’m kind of over it but as long as it’s not me or the cats that are sprayed I suppose that is the important thing.
Got a message from the boss, I thought he was out for the morning but turns out he has taken the entire damn day off. He is supposed to take over on-call at 5p but we shall see. Thus far it’s quiet but then again it’s still very early. I’ve managed to churn out the work that I needed to and now unless something comes crashing in, I am pretty well done for the day. It’s a watch & see kind of thing. Just me and the mistake maker that are watching. I know he won’t make any leaps but I will be extra slow in taking things just to give him an opportunity.
Slept okay, woke up once at 5a. My bladder was full and I was shivering. I had kicked off the covers and Rudy was hogging them. I had to wrestle them back from him but I got warm and went back to sleep, despite the full bladder.
Got my invoice for the snow removal that was done last month. Damn this guy wasn’t much cheaper than the kids I hired last year but he did a far better job. I gladly paid him to get it out of the way. I’ve been waiting to put that behind me.
Now my next task is calling someone to trim some bushes and clean up the yard a bit. I dread this kind of thing but like everything else I breathe easier when it’s behind me. Then before too long it will be grass cutting season again. Ah the circle of life!
Here’s hoping it’s a great week for all of us. Take care & be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment