Morning, hope that all is well. Yesterday I was listening to a security/tech podcast and heard about a company called Zero Patch (https://0patch.com/) you can pay them if you want to keep Windows 10 past the cut off date later this year. I mention this just in case your like me and want to stay on WIN 10. I’ve been looking everywhere to sign up for at least 1 year with Microsoft to keep patching alive. I’ve also considered just giving up and converting to WIN 11 but I really don’t want to. If this news doesn’t apply to you perhaps you know someone like me who wants to stick with WIN 10, feel free to pass this along. I hope that it helps someone out there!
My Mophie case arrived after the grass guys did their thing. Of course that whiff of fresh cut grass helped to set my allergies off, even though it was just a brief moment. It doesn’t take much to get my allergies fired up and going.
I got the Mophie case all charged up. I was a little disappointed in that they didn’t include a charging cable as they normally have in the past with my purchase of other Mophie cases. I’ll admit that it’s tempting to get going early without screen protection. I watched a YouTube video last night about the iPhone 16 and damn there is a lot to learn compared to what I was used to. As apprehensive as I am I think once I dive in I will be quite pleased, perhaps a little overwhelmed but I think I will pick things up pretty quickly. I know beyond a doubt that I will for sure miss the home button. Kind of wish that I went with a PRO or PRO MAX instead of just the base unit but I saved money and both of those phones are way bigger. Getting used to the increase size of the 16 compared to what I have now will take some getting used to. At least I will have a fully charged phone and backup battery so there will be plenty of battery power!
I tried out the Mophie case with the car magnetic mount I have and I am not impressed. Doesn’t seem to have much of a magnet but perhaps combined with the phone that will beef things up. If not then I may need to invest in a different mount for the car. Last thing I want is for the phone to go flying – not that I drive like I am in a Formula 1 car but occasionally evasive maneuvers are needed and like everyone else I encounter my fair share of bumps and pot holes. Might be hitting up my local Best Buy over the weekend, time will tell.
Things are actually pretty chill right now. I haven’t heard anything from the mistake maker about his part of the project that he needs to complete but I am thinking of just diving in and doing his part. I am using some great restraint right now, I want to dive in and just knock the project out because I know that it won’t be long before the nagging and bitching emails start flowing in asking where we are and why things aren’t done. Besides that he’s on leave and he is coming back to knock this out. However, the project was divided in half so we each had the same amount of work. I move fast and knocked out my part in two days. There are still two days left in the week after today and I could easily knock out his part in that amount of time. That would avoid the nagging and bitching emails but then again we go through this project every year and he is always the one lagging behind and those same emails come each year. I was just looking to change things up this year. I think I am going to give him the day and if he doesn’t show at some point today I will probably just start in and see how much progress I can make. I am sure with the great luck that I have as soon as I start it will attract him or he may show the day after I am done. It would be a surprise for him that I did his part but in the end I wouldn’t gain anything out of it. There is no extra money to be had and the most I could or would expect is a thank you. He’s a fuck up and that’s all he will ever be to me. It’s been kind of nice with him gone but I don’t enjoy having to work two on-call weeks back to back. The good news is that he should be back in June when I come back from vacation so hopefully I am at the end of having to bust my ass for two weeks straight and do more work that anyone else does. Not bragging just stating a fact.
Average typical evening with the cats. Since we changed to Greenies for treats I haven’t seen either of them puke. They seem a little happier but they don’t chow down on them like they did the old treats. Still by the end of the evening or early next morning all of them are gone.
Got my shave & shower last night, it didn’t please the cats because we didn’t have play time but at least I got clean. Wearing the new sweatpants this morning, they could be a tad bigger but they fit a little snug.
One meeting on tap for today and I will be happier once it’s done. The week tends to fly by once Wednesday is out of the way. I am planning on going into the office over the weekend. I’ve got a vendor nagging me for some information that can only be obtained from in the office. Plus I am told that we should have some trinket or gift this week just because. I am interested to see what we get but don’t have high hopes that it will be anything on a grand scale, plus I need to flip my calendar forward to at least let people know that I am still alive and around, despite the fact that I am only a phone call or email away.
Take care and we will talk again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment