Today was the best day in a long time and the first day in a long time that I haven’t been home for the better part of the day. It was quite refreshing.
Not wanting to wait until later in the afternoon to see Mission Impossible The Final Reckoning, I opted to drive to a theater that was further away from my home. It just happened to be next to the place that I had Nacho’s at yesterday.
This theater had power leather recliners that you could adjust. I sat in the row the furthest from the screen and I was up kind of high. I was the first one in the theater and wow is all I can say. It was comfy to the point where I got a bit drowsy. The only thing that could have made the seat better was if it was a massaging recliner.
Once the movie ended I had a game plan. I went back to the same place to eat. I was hoping I’d run into the cute waiter again. I figured if I did it was fate and I would take a chance. As soon as I walked in I saw him and I was quite happy. He wasn’t my waiter but after I placed my order I walked up to him and we struck up a conversation. He is super friendly and outgoing. I asked him out and he told me that he had a fiancé. I told him that he was super cute. Our conversation ended on a friendly note and I returned to my table waiting for lupper to arrive.
Next stop of all places was a funeral home. A friend of mine’s father passed away weeks ago and she got the cutest eagle statue with an American Flag. I called the funeral home while I was waiting on my food to arrive to see if I could purchase one of the statues. I am a huge bald eagle fan. In talking I expected to spend around $50. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised they gave me what I wanted for free. I tried to pay them something but they wouldn’t take a dime. I thanked them and I was tickled pink. Thinking maybe just maybe things were turning around.
Next stop was the dreaded AT&T store. I figured that speaking to someone in person I could get the last two issues ironed out. I spent 2 hours in the store and got no further than if I was at home on the phone. In fact we called tech support and they told me to contact Apple to resolve my problems. This is very much an AT&T issue and has nothing to do with Apple. So the beat goes on. I left disgusted robbed of two more hours of my life that I will never get back and no closer to a resolution than when I went in. I did see a couple of cute guys while I was there so it wasn’t a complete waste.
Next stop was the post office to fetch mail for the day and to mail a letter. Then finally home. I felt bad for the cats since I left around 10a and wasn’t home until 5:30p. We were both happy to see each other. I got some food going for them and here I am back at the keyboard.
I called AT&T again talked with someone who told me that Tech Support should be able to remedy my issues and if they pass me off to another team insist that they stay on the phone so that the teams can sort things out and that might remedy my issues. I’m waiting for a call back but honestly I don’t have high hopes. They are either going to get my issue fixed or I am leaving. I can’t continue to spend my days with AT&T. I feel trapped and very helpless. All I want is service working like it’s designed to with no band-aids.
Looking forward to lunch tomorrow with my friend. Here’s hoping I push myself away from the keyboard sooner rather than later tonight so I can relax with some TV and the cats. I trimmed their claws last night and neither of them were happy about it. Now I need to brush them both.
Two work days left plus the weekend and then it’s back to the old bump and grind. I’m quite proud of myself for asking the guy out, it was bold and felt good despite getting a no. I kind of figured I would get a no and it’s okay. I am sure I won’t be the only guy to hit on him he’s that cute. Life is about taking risks – nothing ventured nothing gained!
I hope all is well. Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment