28 April 2025

Weekend Recap

Saturday – Woke up early and just wanted to go back to bed. I forced myself to get up and take a shower. Stopped at a fast-food place for breakfast. Hit up the post office and then drove around for a bit until it was closer to my hair cut appointment. After my haircut I headed to get my vehicle emissions tested. I had a short wait. I passed as I had expected. It was a quick thing, they hook up to your OBDII port and the computer does all the work, which is why it’s so quick. Now I can renew my license plates and I am good for a few more years before I have to go back. I headed home after all of that fun. It was time for a nap.

Once I woke up, I headed downstairs to catch up on email, pay bills and update my finances. I also threw in a couple loads of laundry. Then surfed for porn as I thought about my options for supper. I wanted to go to a new place, actually it’s an old place that I have been to before but it’s been several years. I browsed their on-line menu and I was drooling as I was reading. Food sounded so good but what made me change my mind is when I saw they added a fee on for using a credit card. That sours me really quick. Merchants are responsible for paying those fees not the customer and I know I could call the bank and get that fee refunded but I don’t want to spend my time on the phone asking for something that I should have been charged for in the first place. If you run a business and take credit cards then you know what you’re signing up for, if you’re not prepared to pay the cost per transaction then don’t accept credit cards. Sorry for the rant but it really irks me.

As I went back upstairs, I had forgotten that this was cat food weekend. Damn I hate when I forget about little things like that. So, I went to the pet food store where I managed to get my birthday date as a total. I picked up some Greenies treats for cats and damn they are expensive. I just got a large pouch for $8 not knowing if they would like them or not. They are designed to help clean their teeth and freshen their breath. Lots of vets recommend them but I never had a cat that would take to them. Thankfully, both of the cats enjoyed them. I might make the switch if I can find them reasonably priced elsewhere. Otherwise, it might just be a once and a while thing.  After that it was time to load up on food for me.

I wound up at the pizza place known for having cute guys for staff. I got to see some hotties but my view was obstructed because they sat me towards the back of the place right next to what was going to turn into a large party. They were setting up a buffet for. I thought to myself did I have poor timing today or what. I got my food and ate; it was enjoyable but as the people started to pour in the place got loud and the music, they were playing was louder than normal. I just wanted out so I asked for the bill and a box. My waiter was more interested in the new large party he just got than he was in taking care of me. He never followed up to see if I needed more to drink, how the food turned out or anything. I knocked a dollar off his tip for that.

I came home put the pizza in the fridge. Then put away the cat food and passed out their supper. I went to work on hanging up my laundry that I had brought up. Then passed out their new treats as I headed back downstairs.

Back in front of the computer. Mora tried to divert my attention to her and lure me away but she knew she was fighting a loosing battle so she retreated to upstairs and just gave me a couple hours. Then she came back and demanded that we go upstairs. Luckily her timing was impeccable and I was ready to head up. I let her think that she won and she herded me upstairs. It was quite cute.

Once upstairs I went to work on litter boxes, getting ready for bed and working in some playtime with the cats. Mora hogged most of that as Rudy has to be in the mood. He puts on a show for me that says he wants to play but really, he’s asking for his sister.

Once I was able to retire to my bedroom, I was exhausted but added to the most recent fantasy story that I am writing. It was therapeutic but it also helped to get me drowsy. I wrote as far as I wanted and stopped. Then put that away and switched on the TV, shortly there after I was in bed and the TV went off.

Sunday – Rudy gave me his signature wakeup call. Which consists of biscuits, his smiling face and a kiss. I got up and passed out breakfast for them. Took my morning pills, threw on some clothes and grabbed a coat because were back to Winter at the moment. I headed out for my breakfast which was a Strawberry Waffle and 3 scrambled eggs washed down with a diet soda. It didn’t fill me up but it was enjoyable. Then on to the grocery store where I found some pre-made BBQ that I bought. I’m going to have at least one if not two good meals this week. Just my luck when I was done and headed out of the grocery store it started pouring rain. That made being outside that much worse for me. Thankfully one last stop before going home and that was at the gas station.

Once I got home and got everything put away. I changed clothes and we watched TV. My work email has been a little more active than I like but it’s nothing that really concerned me I was just copied on some people going back and forth. They picked the worst times to email though just when I was about to fall asleep for nap. That snapped me back awake but thankfully not for too long.

I went out for supper back to the horrible pizza place that I went to a few weeks back. This time for pasta, it tasted better than the pizza. I was hoping that maybe I’d have room for dessert. But that was not the case. Oddly enough I got sat at the same booth I was in on my first visit and had the same waiter.

Not sure if I mentioned it but last week, I looked out in the backyard around supper time as I was waiting for the microwave to finish cooking something for me and I saw that baby bunny rabbit that landed in one of my well windows a few weeks back. It’s growing pretty fast. I’m sure something around here in the wild will take it out but it would be kind of neat if it managed to survive and hang around for a while. Then I’d have two cats, a groundhog and a rabbit. We also have deer in the area and they graze late at night or early in the morning. My security cameras capture them as they walk either in the front or back yard.

Had some great cool sleeping weather and I really didn’t want to get out of bed. I woke up early and had to use the restroom but hightailed it back to bed. Rudy was not happy about that but he followed me. He turned in to the same lazy loaf I was and when it was time to get up, he really didn’t want to. He would have much rather soaked up the attention and gone back to sleep. I thought about getting up, feeding them and coming back to bed – taking the day as a sick day. However, that didn’t happen.

Thankfully, I am no longer on-call and hopefully that means that I will get in some rest and relaxation. There isn’t anything on my calendar outside of a morning task and lunch. I think the entire day will be a loaf kind of day or so I hope. I’m prepared to work but really hope that I don’t have to do a whole lot not only today but this week in general. After what amounts to two weeks back-to-back on-call I think I am entitled to a well-deserved break.

Weather is really cool right now but that will change as we warm up into the 80s’ today and I know the AC will kick on. Cooler weather comes in tomorrow with rain and rain chances are really good for the rest of the week so sayeth the weather person. What actually happens could be different.

Overall, it was a pretty good weekend. Hope that you had a good weekend as well. Take care and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: