10 April 2025

The Q word

Morning … We made it to Thursday, one more day to go.  I don’t want to say the Q word (quiet) but yesterday things did radically go from 100mph to 0mph.  Damn that felt so good and refreshing.  I am hopeful for a low speed if not 0mph day today.  Yes, it will make the day linger but I can bask and enjoy the downtime which I think is much deserved. 

Our meeting yesterday went really quick.  The boss knows how busy it is and just cut straight to getting to business there were no long formalities and no endless diatribes about the weather or anything else for that matter.  That’s just how I like meetings, get to the point so I can get on with my day. 

I’ve taken my WIN11 machine for a couple more spins.  It appeared that my display issue was fixed but then it came back to life.  I think it’s a graphics driver issue and since it’s a virtual machine it’s not something I can update, it’s something the system administrator has to do as it affects all machines in the virtual pool.  Sooner or later they might get to that.  For now I am keeping my head down.  I’ve voiced my complaint so I am just waiting and watching.  Hoping that the issue is resolved so that I don’t have to make a big deal out of it, but I know how to do that but it’s a big move and something that I didn’t want to lead with. 

Since my day slowed down it afforded me some extra time to spend upstairs with the cats.  Spring time means that mowers are going and my grass mowing team showed up yesterday.  The neighborhood in general sees a lot of these folks and everyone uses someone different.  One thing that comes with mowers is guys (typically) and sometimes they are hot.  None of my team is that way.  However, I saw a new guy on the team that was mowing the yard across the street.  He had a bright orange bandanna on, a little short maybe 5’6 to 5’7.  He was slender and had on a nice pair of blue jeans that showed off his pretty rear end.  He turned me on in all the right ways and I wanted him so bad.  Sadly grass mowing is all about time, the faster you move the more money you can make.  Teams are only at a home for around 10 to 15 minutes and then they move to the next job.  I remember back in the day I had a hottie who did all three tasks of mowing, trimming and blowing in 15 minutes by himself.  Now the standard is 3 people one for each task. 

I’ve missed people watching since I have been immersed in work.  It’s nice to see folks out walking and if I get to see a hot/cute guy every now and then it is worth it for me.  Looking is the only action I’ve gotten in a very long time. 

Brushed and trimmed claws on both cats.  Mora put up a little bit of a fight but she didn’t snap or bite me, just cried a little bit.  They both had quite the long sharp nails that could have easily done damage to me or to each other.  Normally I am the victim.  It’s either an accident, were playing or Rudy just makes biscuits and whatever bacteria is on his claws causes my skin to break out with bumps and itch.  Scratching makes it far worse.  I like to stay ahead of this but I do hate holding them down while I hack away at their nails.  The way they both act at times you’d think I was really doing something awful to them. 

While I was eating my snack I caught Rudy he jumped on the counter.  He took his sweet time and hoped that I wouldn’t notice.  I yelled at him right away and he knew to get down.  I think when I am sleeping or away he climbs up there to check out what is going on outside.  It’s the same view just a different vantage point than going to the patio door. 

Man I was so tired last night, just to ensure a sound nights sleep I took an extra sleeping pill.  I was up 3 times to use the bathroom, which is totally not normal.  I didn’t load up on water or anything before bed.  Makes me wonder where did all of that liquid come from?  I didn’t get a great nights sleep but it was average.  What hurt me was that I was a little chilly when sitting in the living room so I had a space heater on.  That got the house up to 77 and it was a little miserable to try to sleep in.  However, once I felt the meds kick in I made my way to bed and it wasn’t long after that I was sawing logs.  I was up at 11p, 12a and 5a.  Kind of felt like a longer night than day.  I could sure use some quality sleep.  Haven’t had a single nap that I can recall all week long.  Last one I took was last week. 

In a perfect world there would be cats, a great man for me (for some hot sex), food, naps and a quality nights sleep.  An ocean front view would be an added plus along with world peace.  What does your perfect world look like? 

No comments: