24 April 2025

Somethings don’t mix

Morning and happy Friday eve.  I got the gift catalog from work and they had a wide swath of items to choose from.  I almost got a personal blender but instead chose a candle.  They offered some fancy shampoo as well as conditioner but it was one or the other not both.  Who does that?  Now I am just waiting for my gift to arrive at my home.  I like the way this was handled and the fact that if I was in the office I didn’t have to sit and wait for someone to come around to pass out a trinket.  I am still planning on heading in to peek at my office over the weekend.  If for nothing else to flip the calendar forward. 

I was troubleshooting my Windows 11 machine at work last night and managed to get it to a state where I had to ask for help to bring it back to life.  I am still waiting for that to happen.  It wouldn’t break my heart if I was told they had to build me a new machine – if it works better than what I had it would be well worth it.  I’m still dealing with what I call peek a boo programs, where you have something open, go to open something else and when you move your mouse to interact with the new program that just opened it hides on your.  The only way to get to it is minimize all programs.  It’s highly annoying and no way I could work like that.  I am eager to get on a WIN 11 machine since by the end of the year that will be the default.  I’d like to get used to it before it’s forced on me and I have no options. 

Got a meeting with the boss this afternoon.  He moved it to when I like to start getting the trash ready and push it out to the curb.  He’s known for starting earlier than the scheduled time so maybe that will happen.  I am not super eager to yack with him.  It’s just a touch base call.  He’s working on preparing our reviews so that should keep him busy on top of all of the other meetings and stuff he deals with. 

In other news Rudy came to curl up in my lap last night while I was watching TV.  I got into a horrible position and needed to straighten up but I didn’t want to move because I knew it would wake him.  He looked so angelic as he dosed off.  He would wake up and reposition himself.  Finally I couldn’t take it anymore and I adjusted my posture and yeah it woke him up.  He just looked at me as if to say, well now what.  I love the fact that he climbed in my lap on his own and curled up.  He does that both upstairs and downstairs.  No doubt in my mind he loves me.  He got sick from supper last night.  It’s kind of my fault I gave him Flaked food and he pigs out on that to the point where it makes him sick.  He at least saved some for his sister and she ate a little bit of it. 

As I was getting ready last night I wasn’t paying attention just going through the motions.  I found out this morning after it was too late that I had grabbed a packet of Oatmeal and a packet of Cream of Wheat.  Not the first time I have done that.  Let me tell you somethings weren’t made to mix together.  This was a horrible breakfast but I ate it, not like it’s gonna kill me.  It just wasn’t enjoyable. 

I had my left over Cheese, Bacon and Potato Casserole.  I topped it with crushed Doritos Late Night Taco Chips and man it was good.  Had sour cream with it.  I didn’t feel like I was eating a Taco but it wasn’t the same old taste either.  I would for sure do it again. 

The house got up to 81 last night and I flipped the AC on.  It’s set for 77.  The cats went nuts hopping from vent to vent.  Not sure why but the AC seems to draw them in.  They have the same reaction when I switch from AC to Heat.  The only difference is with the heat they seek it out a few times and that is the end.  The AC isn’t the case they do this little dance all summer long each time the AC kicks on.  Since I flipped the switch I don’t plan on turning it off.  I will just adjust the temperature as needed.  It will be another hot one today so I know the AC will be kicking on eventually. 

I am hopeful for a quiet and peaceful day.  Yesterday wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t hair on fire busy either.  I got another nap at lunch time, it was only 20 minutes before I got woken up.  Just started to go back to sleep and got woke up again, which is why I gave up and got up.  It was slightly difficult last night to stay asleep all night long.  Something about a nap is just so appealing it draws me in, despite knowing I shouldn’t do it, I enjoy it knowing full well there will be a price to pay for it later. 

Have a great day and I will talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: