22 April 2025

Sleep & Purr

Morning and welcome in!  Monday had it’s peaceful moments.  I was afforded the ability at lunch time to lay down with both cats.  Mora snuggled up next to me and Rudy curled up in between my legs.  I was watching TV.  Mora fell asleep and instead of snoring she started purring loudly.  I know a lot about cats (don’t claim to know everything) and learned something new yesterday, I didn’t know that they could sleep and purr at the same time. 

Despite the storms over the weekend and how wet the ground was, mowing crews showed up in the neighborhood yesterday.  My one neighbor with the electric mower cut his grass when he got home.  I’ve been keeping an eye out for the crew to show up across the street I’d like to get another look at the guy with the Bandanna, he’s been in my thoughts. 

I have no ac or heat turned on.  I told the cats yesterday that the house would warm up and it did but very slowly and not as warm as I was expecting.  Today is a different story we should be close to getting back to temps that almost require the AC to be on.  I looked at the weather and there are some wide swings but it’s mostly warmer weather and it won’t be terribly long before I make the change to turning the AC on full time.  May is the usual time frame for that on average but it varies from year to year. 

Today is back to the BS with the boss returning.  We have our usual two meetings on Tuesday.  Got a meeting with him tomorrow and another one on Thursday and sadly one on Friday.  Looks like I will talk with him more this week than I have in a long time.  That should do wonders for my mood.  Yes in case you didn’t know that was sarcasm. 

This is Administrative Professional Week.  My employer makes a big deal out of this week by passing out breakfast, having contests, there are speeches from the executives and they give us some trinket of a gift.  A couple years we have gotten some good stuff but most years it’s just junk.  Sounds like this year the gift is being handled by an outside firm and you have to coordinate delivery via email.  Perhaps we will have a catalog of stuff to choose from but who knows.  Wednesday is gift day and that is usually a day no matter what that I am in the office.  Well if your distributing gifts via email then there is no chance my gift will get stolen.  I will be at home this year but I plan to swing by the office over the weekend just in case they drop some trinket off. 

I’m still miffed over the whole Easter issue.  Like I said yesterday I don’t buy the mistake excuse I was given.  Normally if I wasn’t there by the time they started, my phone would blow up with phone calls and text messages and mother hen would be asking where are you.  Because that didn’t happen this year I’m positive that I am being lied to and that doesn’t set well with me at all.  I’m holding it in and not releasing it like I should.  I’m afraid that would fuel a fire that would be disaster.  I won’t forget this though that is for sure.  It would have helped things if they would have followed up by phone but all I have is some lame email response.  That’s not how I treat people I call friends but I was raised in a different time.

Caught up with The Righteous Gemstones last night that was fun.  Watched another show that I had recorded.  Took time to clean up the DVR and got rid of Suits LA.  I watched one episode and just couldn’t get into it like I did the original Suits.  That was a damn good show with a stellar cast.  Then I flailed last night to find content looking on YouTube.  Brushed the cats and soon after it was time for bed. 

Just heard from my old co-worker friend we yapped for 30 minutes.  I was trying to work and talk at the same time.  Not the most fun thing to do but I did enjoy hearing from her and catching up.

Here’s hoping Tuesday is a great day and not too hot.  Take care!

No comments: