26 December 2023

The Day After

I hope all is well.  We made it to the day after Christmas.  Glad that I took the day off and kind of really wish I had the rest of the week.  I know I could make that happen if I really needed the time but it’s best for me to get back to my regular routine. 

I went to bed a little later last night.  Watched Clear & Present Danger.  I know I had seen it before but it had been years and it was a good movie.  I took my sleeping pills a little later than normal, which is what permitted me to be able to stay up. 

I had downloaded some good porn earlier in the day but just wasn’t in the mood last night to watch.  That’s okay it will be waiting for me, not like it’s going to jump up and run away. 

Rudy started my day at the normal time and I got up and fed him.  I wanted to go back to sleep but my body wouldn’t permit it.  I laid in bed and tossed and turned, watched more TV and took a couple of cat naps.  Got in a real good one with Mora snuggled up to me and me holding her.  She was one happy girl.  Rudy joined us and slept on top of me.  It was like a daddy sandwich for them and a cat sandwich for me. 

I didn’t get started with getting out of the house until later in the afternoon.  My first stop was to get my haircut.  I didn’t go to the usual place I frequent, the barber I see was booked up until much later in the afternoon.  It would have been cheaper but then I wouldn’t have gotten as good of a shampoo.  These days that is the only kind of head job I get and I really appreciate when someone knows what they are doing and applies a firm amount of pressure.  The lady I got was a little snippy and only did one shampoo and no conditioner.  I asked for leave in conditioner.  Made it to the post office to get a card from a lady I used to work with.  I am always eager to see what she has to say.  Then on to the bank to have the dreaded fraud conversation.  I don’t think they are going to do anything with the information I gave them.  However, I got away from a debit card and switched to an ATM only card.  The only place that card can be used is the ATM and it should solve my problem and also meet my needs.  I liked the convenience of having a debit card but the risk with this particular bank was just too great that it would continue to be compromised. 

After that I went to a place that some friends talked about and that I discovered a few weeks back.  It’s a restaurant but it’s like 4 or 5 food trucks under one roof.  The menu offered endless choices and I wanted some Tacos but settled instead for a cheeseburger with a side of chili.  It was good.  The chili was a bit greasy for me and I still had a couple things I wanted to do.  However, I came home because it feels like at any moment I could explode.  The chili was all beef no beans.  Hopefully, things calm down in a bit.

Much to my surprise the stores were not really crowded based on what I saw by the number of cars of their parking lots.  I really wanted to get into Sam’s today for soda and some bakery.  They also had some Lasagna that looked pretty good but I have never been able to find it.  Just as well right now my fridge is packed.  I can try for the weekend if I feel like it. 

As for the movie I’ve already checked and it’s still playing come Saturday so I’ve got that to look forward to again provided that I am in the mood.

I am kind of glad to be home on one hand and on the other wish I was still out and about.  I did think about driving to the buffet but that is kind of a long haul and something that I would rather do on a Saturday.  I can take my time no need to rush and just make it a nice leisurely drive.  The vehicle really likes the workout. 

Speaking of that I told Rudy that I will probably go into the office next week, I should despite not wanting to.  I am sure there is a card waiting for me from my boss.  I may venture in over the weekend if I feel like it but probably not.  Since I won’t be on-call next week and there shouldn’t be much going on as long as it looks like I can get away with leaving early I will probably make the hike.  I don’t have to and could put it off for another week. 

Right now I have to focus on living out the rest of today and getting ready for tomorrow.  Back to the fun.  I haven’t peeked at email but hope there is not a cluster waiting for me and that the number of emails I have to sift through is minimal.  It’s all about preparing for the big work that will occur on Sunday afternoon since that is the last day of the year.  A small number of people leaving, that can always increase as we get closer.  Then people getting promoted.  I’ve got a short list so far but there is usually a follow up list that comes out either just before or shortly after we return to start the new year.  I’d rather have that before hand so I don’t have to scramble to put things in place and I can have time to plan things out. 

Publishing this, checking on a lamp and then getting something to drink.  I am dying of thirst.  Both cats are asleep in their pet beds and the slightest noise will wake them.  Once they wake up it could lead to anything from food to I need attention.  I like it when they rest and I can be free. 

Hope it was a good day after for you.  Have a nice evening!

No comments: