05 December 2023

I did it

Morning … I hope all is well and that your warm.  It’s cold out!  I ventured out to the office and made it with no issues.  I’ve got my escape planned for early this afternoon, provided all hell doesn’t break loose.  I hope to be home before the sunsets.  Had left over pizza last night.  I finished it off and there was a bit more than I really wanted but down the hatch it went. 

Watched the neighbor across from me put up Christmas lights in the dark.  Last year he decorated a bush and it looked like a penis.  This year he did a much better job and it’s nice to peek out the window and see the multi colored lights.  I don’t do anything like that and don’t bother with putting up a tree.  Even if I was all by myself I wouldn’t put up a tree it’s just too much work for one person and I’m lazy. 

Last night I pulled the trigger and ordered my pen and a few other things.  I’m slightly concerned because the seller is a toy store but they have man pens for sale.  I’ve got Amazon’s return guarantee to fall back on.  I hope that I love it when it arrives on Friday and that’s it’s authentic and not a knock off.  Looks to be authentic but there are a large number of counterfeits and you can buy them for cheap overseas, knowing full well that your not getting an original.  Some are really good and they will even take original refills but others take some one off refill and an authentic MB refill won’t fit. 

In addition to my pen and a couple refills I got a few other things that I wanted like some candy and house stuff.  Originally I had one hell of a shopping basket but I thinned that down pretty quick.  Here’s hoping that this all turns out for the best.  I’ve got the money to pay for it so that is the least of my worries.  This is my Christmas gift to myself and while I might get other things I don’t plan for any large purchases unless they are emergencies.  This is also the last pen that I have my eyes on at the moment.  I kind of feel like my collection will be complete but there will always be something that appeals to me.  I try to not look at much as I can. 

Laundry all got done yesterday but I needed to do whites and just put that off, I was all washed out.  The cats were a little surprised by the early wake up call and the alarm clock had to do it’s job because Rudy didn’t come make biscuits like normal.  Things will return to normal tomorrow and I will bet you I get biscuits then.  I had problems falling asleep last night because I worked in a nap and that messed things up. 

Bossman is back today so back to BS meetings, oh joy!  I’ve got some holiday music playing in my office.  Looking forward to going home.  Two more days and it would be a month since I was here.  Where does the time go?  I will be back next week despite not wanting to but I am not on-call so it’s the least I can do.  There are parts of me that like coming in and other parts that say what a waste but it’s only 1 day and honestly if I wanted to I know I could skip it and no one would miss me, because I would be on-line at home and just as responsive as if I was here.  I think I work better when I am at home because I am more hyper aware of work but I get to relax and let my guard down a bit, plus I can dress how I want. 

Got a Roast Beef Sandwich from the grocery store for lunch with some Cool Ranch Doritos that I thought were stale but they tasted okay last night.  Not exactly sure what I am having for supper but know that I won’t go hungry.

Hope you have a great day.  Talk with you all again soon!

 

3 comments:

RB said...

Collecting pens is a hobby?

Jeremy Ryan said...

Indeed it is. Most collectors focus on Fountain Pens as that seems to be the "bees knees" of pens. While I have a few and the writing experience is superb, the ink just flows like magic. They tend to be on the messy side. I much more prefer a disposable fountain pen, the experience is largely the same and you don't have to worry about refilling it, thus a reduction in the mess.

My writing instrument of choice is a rollerball. Gel pens are also quite similar and I like those too. Ball point is my last choice. Ink color is something most collectors play with and choose to change up. I'm boring and just like a bright blue. From a legal perspective Blue and/or Black are the colors required when completing any kind of paperwork. I prefer Blue so you can tell the original from copies.

There is a podcast I follow on Twitch called The Pen Addict. The Gentlemen runs a website as well at https://www.penaddict.com/ I don't watch every single stream but I've been following him for quite sometime. He does raffles in his stream and giveaways on his website. He covers everything from pens, paper, notecards, notebooks and even pencils. He's got quite a following.

Lastly, there are many brands of writing instruments and every collector has their unique favorite. I like Mont Blanc just because it's a well respected name and they have been around forever. Collectors will often buy, sell and trade. I just buy and keep what I have. You don't have to break the bank to get into this hobby but it does require some money. Brands like Retro51 and Lamy are good starting points. I realize this is probably more information that you wanted but thought I'd put it out there in case anyone else is wondering but too shy to ask. :)

RB said...

I have a whole bunch of Uni Jetstreams 0.7 -- will last me years!!