24 December 2023

Christmas Eve

Thus far I am happy to report that I have not been bothered with any work calls all weekend.  We still have the rest of today and all of tomorrow before the coast will be clear for me.  Then my next on-call turn won’t happen until Mid January.  That’s a nice little break. 

My friends did send me an invite but it was late in the afternoon yesterday.  It was a text that simply told me what time were eating.  I said that I wouldn’t go if they didn’t hit me up by Friday night.  Now it’s dependent on KFC.  I am headed out in a bit to grab some KFC, if I am successful I will tell my friends that I am not coming.  If KFC is closed then at least I have a backup plan.  Lots of places close early on Christmas Eve and I don’t blame them.  I feel an immense sense of guilt cancelling on my friends just because we always get together.  However, after the disaster that was Thanksgiving and knowing who will likely becoming to dinner and the stories I will have to hear for the hundredth plus time, it’s easy to justify.  Besides that it’s my life and I am able to do what I want.  I’m sure if I go they will have Prime Rib and if I cancel they will have had Ham.  That’s just the kind of luck I have.  I also think about the feeling of depression that could set in. 

However, I’ve kept myself fairly busy today and have been working on stories as well as watching TV and hanging out with the cats.  Were having a ball.  Right now were all in the basement while I am working on some laundry.  Mora is asleep and Rudy is pacing around up to no good I am sure.  He really wants me upstairs. 

I cleaned out their water fountain before I came down and changed out the filter.  They both managed to notice a squirrel on the deck and tried to get at it through the window.  The thing was tormenting them it would leave and then come back, knowing full well that it was safe and it would drive them nuts. 

I started my day at 6a with a shave and shower after passing out food for the cats.  Then got dressed and headed out for a bite to eat.  I was the only person at the restaurant.  I made a joke when I walked in that I was feeling so generous that I’d buy for the entire place.  The waitress got a kick out of that.  No one came in while I was there.  I enjoyed a simple burger with cheese and an egg.  Some extra tomato slices and fries with some spiced up sauce they make.  I was truly hungry and this hit the spot.  Of course it was all planned out last night. 

Hit the grocery store and spent way more than I wanted to.  The place had about the normal crowd for early morning.  I had wanted to go to Target but I was 15 minutes early before they opened and the parking lot was packed with people who wanted them to open the doors.  I am not getting in that mess so I skipped it and came home. 

As I was putting the groceries away I looked out the back door and saw a pair of sweats laying at the bottom of my neighbors steps to their back patio and it looked like both pants and a hoodie.  Turns out it was a pair of pants and some car mats.  They had a party yesterday afternoon and who knows what happened.  It’s just odd to see those items there, much less now since it’s cold out.  Everything looks fine no blood or puke so perhaps they are just airing out or maybe I missed someone getting naked.  Damn I need a camera on the back of the house, I imagine I miss more than a few things. 

Yesterday I went to a steakhouse for supper.  It wasn’t planned I kind of wanted pizza but was looking for something different.  That hit the spot.  I laid around most of the day and watched a new series on Netflix called My Life with the Walter Boys.  It’s pretty good.  I finished it this morning.  Hope there is a season 2.  It’s a teenage drama series with a few hunky guys.  Never made it to breakfast like I wanted and/or the bank.  I did manage to get the mail and cat food.  I had a sleepless night Friday and that just wrecked Saturday for me.  Kind of my fault because I took Benadryl instead of sleeping pills thinking that it would do a better job but my body was looking for the sleeping pills, without them I just don’t sleep well.  Insomnia sucks. 

Still thinking of going to the movies on Christmas Day to see Iron Claw the new Zac Efron movie.  I grew up watching wrestling and am familiar with the Von Erich boys but I never knew behind the scenes.  I’ve seen a few things with Ric Flair and other wrestlers about behind the scenes.  It was my grandfathers favorite thing to watch on the weekend.  Him and my brother really got into it.  I was hooked for a short time but lost interest that is until after puberty hit and I got to see some hot guys on TV. 

Well that’s about it.  I hope that your well and that you have a great holiday.  Talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: