Morning … I took the plunge and paid off my car loan early this morning. It’s been my plan to do this for a couple months but I kept letting it linger. I saw a surplus of cash in my bank account and figured why not get it over with. I think it will be a few weeks before I have the title and I’m eager to have that in hand. I don’t think this will cause me to do anything rash like trade it in but I know that I will be tempted.
Last night I got the dreaded text message from my Thanksgiving friends. Their clergy wants to host dinner this year. My friends are getting the food from the usual place. I jumped and said that I was on board but several hours went by before I got a response and that caused me to re-think things. I’m not married to the idea of going through with this and am thinking of canceling the day of early in the morning. I just don’t feel as welcome as I have been in the past and think that this is a perfunctory invite just because we have always done Thanksgiving together since they promised it would be “our tradition” since my spouse passed. We are the ones who turned them on to the restaurant the food is coming from and it was just us and them, 4 people. Over the years this has contracted and expanded multiple times. I’ve got no idea if there will be other people lying in wait so this turns out to be one big deal or if it will just be the usual crew. What’s worse is that my friends want me to ride with them and that means I would be trapped. If I do go through with this then I will follow them so that I am free to leave at anytime and for any reason. Besides that their vehicle leaks exhaust into the cabin and sitting in the back you can smell it and it makes me ill. That combined with their age, neither one of them drives great. I don’t want to be in a Turkey Day Wreck. I will stew over this until the big day is here. I’ve wanted to back out in years past but forced myself and turns out I had a great time. So it will depend on how strong my feelings are but my gut is telling me don’t go.
It was wonderful to come home and see Mora & Rudy waiting for me at the door last night. I got them their food and got settled. Then finally got to relax on the couch. I was surprised that all day long I never, ever felt tired. Well that feeling started to slowly creep up on me after I finished supper, which was left over pizza. As time went on by 8p I was toast and opted to throw in the towel. I was in bed by 9p, I had to struggle to stay awake. As it was I went to bed an hour early and I was up more than a few times throughout the night. That left me feeling not well rested and this morning I tried to sleep in since nothing usually starts brewing until around 8:30a and that’s my actual official start time but I haven’t started that late in the day for several years now. I’m all about being early and leaving early – get in and get it done so you can move on. Well, my phone started blowing up, which is only natural, since the damn thing has eyes and a microphone. I answered an email and tried to go back to sleep but that was futile. Just got up and started to move. Now I am fully awake and there isn’t a damn thing going on. I’ve knocked out my morning tasks already.
My disk finally finished the analyzation part with 251 bad sectors. The program fixed all of them and it didn’t cost me a penny. I’ve rebooted and thus far I don’t hear all of the noises I used to hear. The backup software is quiet and I think this issue is behind me. What I don’t know is if I suffered any data loss/corruption on the disk. I presume so but I’ve got my cloud backup to fall back to. If/when I get a replacement drive I will pay to have another USB drive sent with all of my files on it from the cloud backup vendor I use. You can copy the data off and then send the drive back so it’s a no cost option but they do charge you upfront.
My next order of business is calendars for 2024. I’ve got 3 all male nudes picked out and in my Amazon cart. What I don’t like is they don’t give you the option to preview so you have to order it and hope that you like it. All of these calendars are from major gay porn studios so I’m usually reasonably satisfied. I need a wall calendar for work. Normally I get a railroad calendar but there was a snafu last year. This year it doesn’t look like they are selling them, at least not yet. I have National Parks right now. I want to switch it up and get something different for next year but just not sure what. I for sure don’t want a cat calendar. It’s got to be something professional because you never know who will see it. I’ve received some compliments in years past about the railroad calendar. Who knows what I will wind up with this year.
Speaking of 2024 it’s almost time to pull the plug on the lawn people. It’s a race to see if they will do it first or if I will get anxious. Last year I pulled the plug a bit early and my lawn grew a bit. I actually had green grass that for some reason never seemed to turn brown since it was slightly long, despite winter. Thus far I have patches that are dying. I am eager for them to stop so that I don’t have to pay their bill and can save the money I would normally spend. It’s not a bunch but I like to collect the maximum amount possible and get every cent of interest out of the bank that I can.
Today is supposed to be our last day of Summer it’s going to be 81 and then were back into Fall weather for the foreseeable future, perhaps Mother Nature will finally make up her mind about the weather. Last night I had the living room window open and opened one small window in the kitchen. The cats loved it and were on high alert as long as the windows were open. It’s was like they couldn’t settle down. I’ll probably do the same thing because around 7:30p I could sense the humidity lifting and felt a sense of coolness. There was no breeze but it was nice. I didn’t like the stuffed up nose I woke up with from my allergies but at the moment and for the last couple days I haven’t been sneezing my head off and thinking I was about to die. That’s a welcome relief.
I hope all is well in your world. Thanks for stopping by. Don’t be afraid to drop a comment, I don’t bite that is unless you want me to! Take care.
1 comment:
The risk of carbon monoxide asphyxiation would scare me away. Do what you want and enjoy the day!
Post a Comment