Morning … Had a productive morning yesterday. I finished my holiday letter and got it printed as well as the few envelopes. I opted to write the lady at the shelter that I got the cats from. I figured she would appreciate knowing how well they are doing. I’m not mailing them out until next week. When I sent Christmas cards I always mailed them out on Thanksgiving Day. It was a tradition that I looked forward to even though it took a little bit of work. I kind of miss it. I transitioned years ago from cards to a holiday letter. That way everyone I sent it to could for sure read it, my hand cramped up after writing so much. Accomplishing that I moved on to something else and before I knew it, lunch time was here. That was my first trip upstairs and the cats were circling the door wondering if I was ever coming back up.
We got lunch. I finished the pizza and we watched Last Week Tonight with John Oliver as well as The Circus. After that I was just tired and needed to lay down. Mora and Rudy were all comfy cozy napping in the sunshine. I went to my bedroom and no one joined me. I didn’t manage to fall asleep but I did get to close my eyes and kind of drift until of course my phone started in. Eventually I got something that couldn’t wait and I had to come back, despite not wanting to.
I worked through the afternoon until around 3p and that’s when I called it quits. I went up and sat with the cats and watched more TV. Supper time finally came around and I was anxious for that because I had Wendy’s chili. Let me tell you it’s authentic but doesn’t taste nearly as good as fresh from the restaurant. All chili beef tastes strange when you can it, I suppose it’s the preservatives. There was a slight can taste to the whole thing but my first bite was as good as if it was fresh. It heats up damn quick.
Back to TV and relaxing, waiting to see if anything came in that I had to jump on from work. I have 2 more episodes to go on Six Feet Under. The last one I watched kind of shook me a bit and I had to take a break. It’s an interesting show but mere weeks away from a major holiday was kind of the wrong time to watch this for me.
I had my first slice of the pumpkin pie I got and it wasn’t that good. I’ll finish the pie but kind of wish I would have picked up a Chocolate Pecan from Cracker Barrel instead, as long as I can resist sticking that in the fridge I am fine. In the fridge it hardens like concrete and you can easily break a tooth. This is the best time of year for a dentist, lots of repair work.
I climbed in bed early and passed out. Had to kick poor Rudy out of bed and he just got comfy but I was ready to go. It was also unseasonably warm in the house last night in the 80’s and outside during the sunshine time we barely made it to 70. I hate being super hot or super cold, at least with cold you can layer up to get warm.
Today I am looking forward to seeing the Amazon person stop and drop off filters for my allergy machine and some Benadryl. It’s been nose season here blowing and sneezing. If I leave the house it all goes away like magic but when I come back it starts. It will all settle down once mother nature makes up her mind on the weather and we finally plummet into the deep freeze.
On the work front I have 2 meetings both of which I dread but it’s a typical Tuesday. Wednesday will bring even more meetings. I am eager to get through the week so that my on-call duties will end. However, I only get a one week break and then I am back on again. I must have lost my mind when I put the schedule together last year for this year. I tip toe around trying to please people and as a result I am on-call more than I should be. Next year that isn’t the case, at the moment unless someone protests it’s all even and smooth flowing. We all get different holidays which is kind of what the boss wants. I am just so glad that I am not on the front lines because those are the people who are chained to their houses and they get the calls all the time, matters not if it’s a holiday or night time. I don’t miss that at all.
Here’s hoping that today can be just as awesome as yesterday was. Hope it’s a great day for you as well. Take care and be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment