02 November 2023

Laundry

Morning … nice day for me to work on some of my laundry, while “working” at the same time.  That’s a plus of working from home but I don’t often multi-task.  I feel an obligation to focus my energy on either home or work but not both.  Occasionally, like today I throw caution to the wind.  It’s going to be a crazy ass morning, my dumb co-worker called in sick but plans to return tomorrow.  Who comes back for just 1 day?  It will surprise me if he is back.  I’m guessing he got high last night and is hungover but that’s probably not fair since he could really be sick.  I know that my sinuses and allergies have been extra strong over the past week.  I’ve got that “unknown odor” back in the house.  This one smells a little like gasoline.  I am hopeful that it will leave soon.  Doesn’t seem to bother the cats, just me. 

I was quite bored last night.  Not that I needed it but I missed having my laptop within arms reach.  The disk check it was preforming on my USB drive got hung up and I had to start the whole thing over this morning.  Good thing Rudy & Mora got me up at 6a.  Rudy tried and when Mora heard me giving him a hard time she leaped up on the bed, pressing on my legs and then seeing the signal to come closer she landed on my chest.  Yeah that did it, all bets were off and I had to get out of bed.  It’s like having a 30 pound rock.  She packs a punch. 

I gave anyone looking a show walking through the house naked and turning on the lights.  It’s nothing that I would want to see but if I was maybe 20 years younger and 50 pounds lighter then Hubba Hubba!  Anyway, passed out some duck for the cats and then worked on my breakfast.  Treated myself to a glass of Chocolate Milk made with Hershey’s Dark Syrup.  It doesn’t taste a whole lot different than regular Hershey’s Syrup but I wanted to try it.  There is a noticeable difference when it’s placed on ice cream. 

Breakfast was good but over with way too quickly.  I still had oodles of time.  What to do?  Might as well play with the cats.  It’s claw trimming time, I got bit and clawed but they had fun.  I threw on my clothes and got my morning meds.  Sat around for a little bit but then decided to venture down early.  I looked at my phone and nothing was popping at work but I wanted to get started, that’s when I saw the out ill notice and knew that was probably the reason why I woke up early. 

I’ve plowed through my morning tasks.  Surfed for some porn and caught up on personal email.  Now it’s sit and wait for my next appointment or some task to come my way.  It’s honestly been pretty quiet all week long which is very abnormal for me being on-call but I’m not complaining at all.  I am enjoying the break and am eager for next week when I won’t be on-call any longer. 

It’s trash round up day again and I am so not fond of that.  It will suck to walk out in the colder weather but it’s supposed to warm up a bit this afternoon.  I will still need a jacket.  I was telling Mora that it’s wardrobe switch time and I hate it.  I am not a fan of long sleeves.  It will feel strange at first but I will get used to it.  Not a fan of cold or hot.  At least with cold you can put more on to get warm.  You can take everything off and still be hot and I don’t mean good looking. 

Time change is on Saturday night and that means that Sunday will linger on for what will seem like forever.  I am eager to see how well the cats adjust.  I enjoy the extra hour of sleep but still wish that we could settle on a standard for the country so we could stop this back and forth stuff.  I don’t know if there ever will be a true standard in my lifetime but then again I never thought I’d live through a pandemic. 

I hope that it’s a great day for you and that we can move right along into Friday.  I’ve got a haircut scheduled for Saturday, hopefully the barber isn’t sick.  I have plans to go out for breakfast but that will largely depend on what time I wake up and how I feel.  The haircut is early morning in the hopes that I will not loaf all day long but I know me better than anyone and can tell you that loafing is an activity that I enjoy and could do for a few days. 

Ciao for now. 

4 comments:

RB said...

Are you retired?

Jeremy Ryan said...

Hi RB. Nope I'm not retired. I tele-commute or work from home primarily. I do go into a physical office from time to time.

RB said...

Nice. Working from home is great.

Jeremy Ryan said...

Working from home does have it's perks. The downside is the isolation, that doesn't mix well with the depression I have. Having 2 cats helps but it's not a replacement for human interaction, which is why I go out on weekends even if only to get a bite to eat. Thanks for your visit and comments, I hope that you enjoy the content on my blog. Take care!