15 November 2023

Done

6 feet underWelcome back, hope all is well.  The Amazon person stopped by my place yesterday to drop off my naked men calendars and I’m pleased with two of them.  The third is from Carnal Media and it’s all in black and white, the size is decent but the B&W is part of the issue and the other is that Legrand Wolf the owner/founder is in many of the photos.  This is why I wish they would provide a preview of the months, you can censor the photo so there is no nudity but it’s nice to know the photos that I will be staring at in the months ahead.  In addition to my calendars I got Mexican Wedding Cookies which were slightly lack luster and didn’t have the rich butter flavor I was hoping for.  I’ve got 3 small bags of them and I will be munching on them for a while.  I also got my bottle of Benadryl and Air Filters. 

Loaded up the air machines yesterday with fresh filters and turned them both on.

Last night I finished Six Feet Under (the photo of the hearse above is from the show).  It was very well done and I enjoyed all of the show, shame I didn’t get into it while it was airing live years ago.  Here’s hoping that I find another series that I can dive into soon.  Now I am in limbo looking for something.  Still have 2 episodes of Upload from last week to watch so there is that.  I hate it when a series is released piece meal but that seems to be the new trend, at least on Amazon.  I hope none of the other platforms follow suit with this method as I like to binge watch, regardless if it’s healthy or not it keeps me occupied and that is what I am looking for. 

Work was a little more taxing this morning but I have managed to get things done and under control.  Our morning meeting got moved out a bit so I have a little bit of extra time on my hands, which I am going to spend upstairs as soon as I am done with this post.  Love seeing the cats.  They both were laying on my bed this morning before I came down to start my day and they both rolled over so I was giving belly rubs to both of them.  Rudy has softer fur that his sister.  Both loved it, but Rudy rarely gets them but Mora is used to them she asks for them all the time.  I don’t mind I can do belly rubs for a while.  I am sure they feel good and both of them seemed to enjoy them.  However, no one ever likes it when the rub is over.  I had to start work and neither cat was pleased about that. 

Spent sometime on money this morning.  That holiday bonus came in but its never deposited into the accounts that I want, so I had to move things around.  I’ve got my primary savings account up to an amount that I have wanted to reach for a while.  Now the hard part will be keeping that balance.  Hanging on to money seems to be a problem in that unplanned expenses have a way of showing up when I least expect it and stealing away the gains I have made.  I like knowing that I have a cushion to fall back on if I need it but for the most part I forget about it so it’s not top of mind. 

Speaking of money I managed to get my car wash fiasco worked out.  Not sure if I said anything earlier but I was charged for 2 washes by a robot car wash.  There is no one to complain to so I called the bank yesterday and they cheerfully refunded the extra charge with no questions.  No need to file a dispute looks like the bank just ate it.  I’m fine with that so long as I am not paying for something I didn’t get. 

As the days move forward I am still thinking of next week and Thanksgiving.  I really don’t want to be alone but at the same time I really don’t want to go with my friends.  I haven’t cancelled yet and won’t make that final call until the morning of.  I do plan on having that Turkey dinner I got from the grocery store tonight.  I already know I won’t care for the stuffing.  The thought of just dropping into a restaurant doesn’t appeal to me as most work on reservations and showing up without one can mean you are either turned away or having a long wait, neither of which I am a fan of.  I will be happier once Thanksgiving is over regardless of what choice I make.  Then there is Christmas which will be another issue, that for sure is a day I don’t want to be alone but I don’t always enjoy what is served. 

The dating app I am on has started showing me guys that I have already rejected and the only way to get rid of them is to report them for “no reason” and then they don’t show up again.  I still see straight guys and the occasional woman, which is baffling to me.  I don’t like any guys unless their profile for sure says they are gay, even if they look like it’s questionable I still only go for the ones who have it displayed on their profile.  No sense in barking up the wrong tree as that won’t work out well. 

One of my friends that has a local business has a birthday Saturday.  I’ve sent a card but want to go visit.  The last couple weekends have had some crazy things pop off at work and I was glad that I stayed home.  This weekend I am going to throw caution to the wind and venture out there.  I am only about a half hour away from home and hopefully things return to their normal state of quiet as I am used to on weekends. 

Hoping for an uneventful rest of the week and that it is swift moving so that we can fast forward to the weekend.  Now if I could just fast forward to the “better part of life” when I have a man that would be nice.  If that’s not going to happen I am on the fence if I want to fast forward, unless I actually get to go on a real vacation and have the time of my life.  I know we wish our lives away.  The future always has a way of sneaking up on us. 

Take care and have a great day!

No comments: