13 November 2023

Food

Hello and welcome back.  Saturday I went out for pizza at the place known for cute young waiters, but none were working.  I did enjoy a pizza and changed up from my usual order.  I also got a different table.  Since I started going to this place on the regular I always seem to get sat at the same table.  A change was nice but I would have enjoyed it more if there was some eye candy.  I watched TV for the bulk of the day.  On the way back from Pizza I hit up the post office and grabbed some cat food. 

We had a fiasco that I got hauled out of bed for on Saturday morning.  I got it resolved but it took a bunch of phone calls and I was not a happy person.  This was all because of my screw up for a co-worker, if he would have just done his job right the first time this could have all been avoided.  I hate being interrupted on the weekend, much more when I am not the person on-call. 

Sunday I slept in, had breakfast at home but kept thinking about Cracker Barrel.  I wound up heading out to the grocery store.  Managed to find Linzer cookies, which are one of my new favorites on sale so I picked some up.  Also found a frozen pumpkin pie which I grabbed.  Best of all I found Wendy’s canned chili.  Then Hagen Das pints were on sale so I grabbed a Pineapple Coconut and a Churro.  I felt like a kid in a candy store.  I also picked up a pre-prepared Thanksgiving plate dinner, which I will consume this week.  I spent way more than I wanted to but at least I got some decent items and it was just the same old boring shopping trip. 

Came home and took the cats to the basement where I was finishing up some laundry and catching up on expenses and putting some final touches on a holiday letter.  After that took my laundry up and the cats stayed in the basement.  I used that to my advantage and got my vacuuming done.  Then wrangled the cats upstairs and put out my medicine. 

Opted to go out for a car wash, automated robot charged me twice and I tried to go through a second time but it was out of service.  I think the robot knows it messed up.  I am watching and waiting to see how this works out on my credit card.  Then off to Cracker Barrel.  Going in the late afternoon I figured that the cute waiter wouldn’t be working.  Damn was I wrong.  I didn’t see him and mid-meal he emerged from the kitchen.  I think he saw me but never said anything.  Funny thing happened when I went to pay.  My meal didn’t exist in their system.  They searched to try to find it but looks like it was paid for by someone else.  Might have been the cute waiter but I’ve got no idea.  I thought about calling or texting him and then I figured leave it alone.  I buy enough random strangers meals this was the universe giving back.  I suppose I will never know.  I did do some checking and in a couple days it will mark 1 year since that cute waiter gave me his phone number but yet no call.  He’s got my number because I sent him a text and that’s how he knows my name.  I kind of wish I never would have gone down that road but you take a chance and hope for the best, otherwise there is no hope for things changing. 

After that little ordeal I went to fill up on gas and the pump stopped on $30 even.  Perhaps that is a good sign but I came home and took care of the cats and watched TV for the rest of the night. 

I am almost done with Six Feet Under, it’s been my obsession and all that I have watched for days.  I expect I will be done with the series this week.  I am mid-way in the 5th and final season.  It’s been very interesting and I look forward to the rest of the story as it unfolds. 

Back to work today, on-call as well.  Curses.  It’s been a little bit busy this morning.  I am eager to go back upstairs to be with Mora & Rudy.  They got into a fight with each other yesterday afternoon, which I haven’t seen since they moved in.  Everything is patched up and back to being roses or so it seems.  I just really enjoy spending time with them and feeling the love they give.  It’s lonely here and they are my most dependable and best friends, but that’s only because I have them trapped here with me.  Here’s hoping it will be a swift and quiet moving week.  Maybe I will find love soon, still holding out hope but it’s only a slight glimmer. 

Hope you had a nice weekend and got to eat some good food.  Talk with you all again soon.  Be well and stay safe!

No comments: