17 November 2023

Friday the 17th … more like Friday the 13th

Morning … I had some interesting dreams last night and my insomnia kicked in around 2am.  I tried to wrestle with going back to sleep but eventually gave up and that’s when Mora came to investigate and join me.  She laid in bed and knew that eventually I would return.  Which I did and then she snuggled with me because she knows that helps get me back to sleep.  She’s almost like a teddy bear.

Needless to say I didn’t want to jump out of bed this morning.  Rudy gave me his best early wake up call, short of licking my face and he gave up on me.  That almost never happens.  I eventually got up and passed out breakfast.  I had my usual and then came down to start work early. 

I knew my workstations would require a restart because of Windows patches.  I got that out of the way instead of trying to tap dance around it, which I normally do and can get away with until around noon and then it just force restarts.  Well something went horribly wrong during the updates applying and my primary work machine is down.  Sounds like it’s going to have to be rebuilt.  I think if the techs would just be patient it would come back to life but they are all about in and out, they don’t want to spend a bunch of time on something.  Too many people with too many problems.  I get it, I used to do that job.  I am working with a workaround situation right now.  I am hopeful that they will get my primary machine back online soon and not have to rebuild it.  If they do have to rebuild it that means changing passwords and then I will have to spend forever and a day organizing the desktop icons.  I’ve got a million of them and it’s to help speed my work process along.  Some I use every damn day and others once and a blue moon.  I hate having to go through that and other machine personalization that are to my liking, which is why I want to avoid it.  Eventually through normal wear and tear, everything is replaced so you have to do it once and a blue moon but when that happens we are warned in advance so you have time to prepare, take screen shots, etc.  UGH this is like one of the worst things and I dread it.  Here’s hoping it turns its self around, even if it takes a few hours or a day. 

Last night I watched some dumb new Christmas movie on Netflix.  It’s got Jason Biggs in it, which was the draw.  It was cute but didn’t put me in the holiday spirit and didn’t really do anything but occupy sometime.  Mora was a little too possessive last night and swarmed me like crazy.  I had to push her away eventually.  I hate doing that but damn I need a little breathing room. 

My back was bothering me so I got out the foam roller.  Rudy was very curious what I was doing.  I got a couple minor pops but not the huge crunch I was looking for.  Back during the pandemic was one of the first times I got on the floor to try this and my back sounded like a bowl of Rice Krispy's, it hurt but felt good.  This morning I feel a little better.  The pain is in my mid-back right in the middle.  Feels more like a disc or bone pain.  Ah the joy of aging.  Hopefully it will sort it’s self out. 

Since the temperatures are going to drop throughout the day I opted to grab the trash barrel first thing.  It was nice and warm outside.  Sounds like the furnace is going to get some work as the day wears on. 

Not much else to report kind of a boring day, until something goes pop and I am hopeful that will be kept to a minimum if it happens at all.  Especially considering my bad luck with technology this morning.  Car and Computer problems, almost one in the same but I hate both equally.  I hope that your day is much better and that you have a great weekend! 

No comments: