22 August 2023

Tuesday

Morning … hope all is well.  I got a good nights sleep but Rudy was very eager to get out of bed this morning.  He had me up at 4am and then 5am and by 6am I wound up just rolling over and kept an eye on the time.  I got up 15 minutes early.  Had some Peanut Butter Captain Crunch cereal.  It was like eating air to me, I wanted to devour the whole box.  It was good but just not really filling.  I added in a Banana and a Chocolate Donut.  Still felt like eating more but I pushed myself away and got on with the morning. 

Rather than just slave away at work to try to beat a deadline I have opted to move in a slow fashion just getting a couple things per day knocked out.  If I keep up the pace all week long I will be in very good shape by the end of the week.  I got a routine going and wanted to keep going but better to pace myself.  This will give me more down time and hopefully prevent mistakes. 

Mora got my leg last night, even though I had sweatpants on one of her rear claws dug in and really scratched me.  I just felt the pain and it felt like it was an open gaping wound but just a minor scratch.  I put some alcohol on it and wow that hurt.  Then I coated it with triple antibiotic ointment.  Rudy wanted to lick that off my leg but I wouldn’t have it.  I managed to make it to bed with the ointment still in place.  It looks way better this morning.  I put on more ointment and hope that we can bypass the itchy phase when it starts to heal up more. 

It was a peaceful evening, which I wasn’t expecting but glad that it worked out that way.  I kept my laptop powered on to hopefully chase away any issues and sometimes that works.  I will be trying the same thing again tonight, so wish me luck. 

It’s another hot day here.  Saw a cute shirtless guy running last night past the house.  I was cat calling him from the living room but he never heard a word I said.  Nothing like a little excitement.  I hope he comes by again tonight. 

Stay cool, hydrated and have a good day.  I’ll talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: