Morning hope that you had a nice weekend. I’ve got no idea who the nice looking fellow above is but thought I’d share him with you all this morning and hopefully that will make today just a little better.
The weekend was nice. I turned off work email on my phone and my phone was damn near silent all weekend long. I did get the occasional notification and email from a mailing list but no calls. I savored it and now that It’s Monday and I am back on-call I wish that I could rewind to yesterday.
Saturday morning I got up a little later than I wanted, took a shower and hit up fast food for breakfast. Not bad for what I got. Then went to visit my friend to see about lunch, which was a no go. I did get my car service scheduled though. We chatted and caught up a little bit. Then he had to run, they were short staffed and calls were starting to pour in. I came back home and relaxed for the bulk of the day. I made it back out later in the afternoon for a haircut. Damn this hot looking college kid came out from getting his hair cut. I looked at him and said damn. He flexed for me and smiled and winked at me. I was hoping he’d come talk to me when he was done paying but instead he left. I just looked him up and down. Wow I could have easily gone home with him. Of course it was a Blond boy. Got my hair cut and then grabbed the mail. Back home and rested for a while. I went back out for supper to a local pizza place but this time for pasta. I got a good meal for not much money. That was the end of my travels for the day.
Sunday woke up early, got moving and got to breakfast. Three local college kids came walking in and two of them were extra fine. The sat behind me. Two of them complained they had dates later in the afternoon and didn’t want to go. The third guy had a date setup for early this morning. Not exactly sure if they meant date as in going out or date as in something else. I was getting full and paid my bill and left. I had to come home, I was just stuffed so much that it would have been agony to go to the grocery store. I watched some TV with the cats and we got in a quick nap. Then later in the morning I headed out to the grocery store. Got everything I needed. Back home. I didn’t want to play with the line that had formed at the gas station and I have a 1/2 tank which says it will get me 200 miles so that’s good enough for me. I came home and unloaded the groceries. Spent the remainder of the day at home. Worked on laundry and getting the trash out. Mostly loafed and surfed social media.
I dread this week because it’s the last full week before my vacation starts. Plus I am on-call. Next week I will only have to work 3 days and then vacation starts for me on Thursday. This week there is so much to do and I thought about just jumping today and trying to crank out as much as possible. Today is probably the last day that I can coast. I need some additional information to come in before I can really get busy so I have opted to coast today. I’m a little nervous but I am confident that everything will come together. It’s going to be hell but I am confident that everything will come together.
Saw the best movie on Friday night, Cocaine Bear. It’s on Amazon Prime, free for Prime Members. I haven’t laughed so much at a movie in quite a long time. Mora & Rudy aren’t used to hearing me chuckle so much and I woke them up from their naps more than once. There is some gore in the movie but it’s not a horror film. I wanted to see it in the theater when it came out but am glad that I waited because watching it at home was way better. I saw Red, White & Royal Blue last weekend it too was really good. There was and still is a lot of buzz online about that one. Very well done movie.
Time for me to get back to the not so fun tasks at work. Hope that it’s a great day for you. Talk with you all when I can. Stay hydrated and cool, that heat is making a come back. I am inside freezing in the basement but it beats overheating any day. I can always warm up by heading upstairs. Mora & Rudy will be all to happy to serve as portable heaters for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment