24 October 2022

Sunday continued

I finished up my laundry.  Got the house cleaning done.  Sat with Gator and started watching a movie on HBOMax called Momma’s Boy.  It’s taken from the book written by Dustin Lance Black.  It’s a biography about his struggle growing up, coming out and how his mom played such a big part in his life.  She overcame many things in her life.  It was very interesting.  I’ve known about it for a couple weeks, wanting to watch it but not being able to muster up the courage.  Well yesterday I threw caution to the wind and started.  It was one of those stories/movies that just draws you in from the start and before you know it your hooked and have to hear more.  However, the afternoon was getting away from me so I had to pause it.

Stepped out for dinner and cat food.  Then came back to it when I got home.  It was a great movie and I know things now that I had no idea about before.  Dustin really wasn’t on my radar other than he’s Tom Dailey’s husband.  They are an amazing couple.  It could evoke some tears depending upon your mood.  I personally didn’t shed a tear but it was an emotional story. 

Had to turn on the AC again because the house was just too hot.  I managed to freeze myself out not once but twice.  It’s supposed to be on the warm side again today so who knows the AC might run again.  I can’t say I have ever turned it on that I recall in the month of November and actually it’s kind of odd to run it this late in October.  It’s normally furnace weather. 

The forecast has lots of rain moving into our area tomorrow and they say that rush hour will be pretty bad.  Knowing that now I will move up my wake up time a bit to allow for that rain.  I hope it’s not nearly as bad as predicted and if it has to be hopefully it can wait for me to arrive at the office and then it can pour all day long.  I will be locked away in my office which has no windows and is lit by fluorescent lighting.  I hope it’s not cold in there, I’ve got a space heater which I have yet to turn on in a few years but I am more than ready to flip the switch.  I am usually uncomfortable and being frozen out. 

Ms. Gator woke me last night a few times for food.  She tried to get me out of bed at 5a this morning but I just ignored her.  In my strange dream I was at the vets office keeping a dog company and playing with it.  Not exactly sure why I had this dream.  I have thought about getting a dog just for the fact that it would force me to walk and that would be great for my body to get the blood flowing and perhaps burn a calorie or two.  However, I like cats because they are pretty much carefree, just feed them and change the litter box.  They do all of the rest of the work.  They are also great to snuggle with and while I have had both I think cats show greater affection and appreciation.  I like both cats and dogs and while I grew up a dog person I’ve since converted to being a cat person.  I mean they have been around me for 1/2 of my life now and if I didn’t like them then something would probably be wrong with me. 

As for work Monday started off with a bang but it’s gotten very quiet.  I’ve got a meeting later this afternoon but unless something else comes to life I think it’s going to be an oddly quiet day.  Perhaps that is an omen for the week but I seriously doubt it.  I know that Tuesday & Wednesday will both be busy days. 

I need to place another Chewy order for Gator.  I am waiting to do that until tomorrow or perhaps later tonight because they ship so quickly.  I really don’t want a package sitting on the porch while I am away, even if it’s only cat food.  I don’t think anyone will disturb it but I would rather be home when it’s delivered. 

Now I am starting to get drowsy and really want to climb back in bed.  That I think could be the single best thing about working at home.  You can rest when you want or need to but it’s usually a curse for me because as soon as I get comfy that is when things go all to hell and I wind up back in front of the computer. 

Hope it’s a great day for everyone, even if it’s Monday.  Take care!

No comments: