Morning and welcome to another Friday!
In my quest to put the HOA issue behind me, I did some research and found out that if paperwork (CC&R’S specifically) isn’t recorded with the county that any action the HOA tries to take has no legal basis. My hope was that someone here didn’t do their homework but sadly the county has a record of them as well as a few Foreclosures from years ago. After learning that and realizing that this minor issue could easily spiral out of control I opted to just pay them and move on. They won’t be hounding me for dues (at least for this year) anymore. I did semi express my displeasure via the way I made the check out. It’s addressed to our subdivision name followed by HO ASS. I thought that was funny but then realized I should have made it HO ASSN because they have been harassing me. I don’t know if they will pickup on the fact that I hate them but it’s done. I am getting a copy of the CC&R’s from the county. My late spouse would probably be very upset with me for giving them a dime given the principal that neither of us were informed of their existence when we moved in. Neither of our mortgages say anything about a HOA and that was his defense if they were to ever bring legal action. However, it’s kind of the ignorance defense and just because you weren’t aware of the law doesn’t exempt you from it. I think if I used what I believe to be his reasoning as a legal defense I would loose. Plus this is just drama I don’t really need to deal with for the pittance they wanted from me. I don’t promise to be on time with next years dues and I will always make the check payable as I did this time if/when I need to give them money. I used bill pay which is even better because it doesn’t cost me any postage and the account I used won’t debit the funds until the check clears, plus I will get a copy of the check. I know that my original plan was to make them grovel a bit more and beg but in the end just waiting for that to happen and then getting the potential threats is really something that I’d rather avoid. The end result would have likely been the same so might as well cut to the case and put this behind me. I am sure there will be another problem to come along to take the place of this one. Although I hope it’s not any time soon.
Moving on to the Gator. She has seemed okay but just not 100% her normal self. I seized an opportunity last night to give her fluids. She got about a 1/2 dose and tolerated it pretty well. Today her disposition seems much better and she appears to have more perk in her. I do think that the forced change in diet from all Fancy Feast to incorporating Purina brand foods targeted for vitality, sensitive stomach and older age cats has benefited her. Plus she really likes the majority of the foods that I have given her and there are a couple flavors that she has to devour and while I wish that she would do that with every can like she used to when she was younger. The forced change is a result of the supply chain issues with the Pandemic. I made the switch about a year ago because I had no choice. It’s more expensive but if I get better results (a happier cat) then it’s worth it to me. I mean you can’t take the money with you so I might as well spend it and shower the one child I have. I know she appreciates it. She did have me up last night at 1:30a and I so wanted to hit up the fridge for some cookies and milk but I resisted it was difficult. I got to sit with Gator in my lap and she was out for close to an hour before I opted to jump back in bed. She wasn’t happy about being woken up and me getting up. It’s still so comforting to know that she feels so safe and can just relax and completely unwind all because she is in my lap and knows that she is safe from any potential danger, not that any really exist here especially since her siblings are gone. They used to pick on each other from time to time. She does seem to be looking for the mice but thankfully there haven’t been any. I think she viewed them as some form of companion as well as entertainment. I hope there aren’t any more and they are all gone for good to never return but only time will tell.
I turned the furnace on again last night because there was a chill in the house all day long. No matter where you were it was slightly cold. Knowing that Gator hates it and I was uncomfortable that led me to my decision. Let me tell you that helped out a lot and since I left it on it was on this morning when I rolled out of bed. So nice to be comfortable. It kick on again when I first came down to start my day but the sun is out and it should be warming up so I don’t expect it to run again until dusk or after dark. Were into the 30’s at night. Not cold enough for a freeze but it’s getting there.
Last night I found more interviews on YouTube with Charlie Puth and watched them. He did say that he won’t post any frontal nudity, a radio host actually asked about that. Charlie is proud of his body but I guess there are just something that need to remain private and open to your imagination. I learned that there is a larger tour coming next year and perhaps he will be in my neck of the woods after all. That schedule has yet to be announced and my guess is that it won’t be until after the new year. I can only hope if he comes to town that he does it on a nice day where it’s not too hot or too cold out. In the early days he used to hang outside afterwards to meet and greet fans. I don’t expect that still exists today given the Pandemic and the fact that there always seems to be a crazy person amongst the crowd. I would like to shake his hand and maybe get a hug from him, a selfie would be nice as well. While I’d like more in the form of friendship or sex I know that is something that isn’t likely to materialize but it doesn’t kill the dream/desire.
Speaking of good looking guys. The office I work in is a high security facility and you have to have a photo badge to get anywhere. I am the lucky person who gets to request those and yesterday a contractor submitted a photo of himself for a badge. Damn he’s so cute, kind of makes me want to be in the office next week just to meet him. Since I am on-call I won’t be going in next week and two weeks at home is a serious trigger for my depression. I kind of feel it already and were just through this week, if I wasn’t sick on Monday I would have went in. I still think there is something lingering because I cough at times and I have a general unwell feeling at times. All I know is that when I go back I will be looking for him to see what the rest of his body looks like from the shoulders down. I’m mostly interested in his booty. I won’t make any moves just look, no harm ever came from just looking. Although, now that I say that I see a cute guy and the next thing you know I am asking him out only to get shot down. I’m not officially out at work but thanks to a former bitch for a co-worker who I confided in she ran her mouth so a good majority of the office already knows. At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter it’s just not something I want to declare to the entire organization mostly because it’s none of their business. I tell those that matter to me and that I am close with beyond that mums the word. I have had many work place crushes and never told anyone. I do tend to perk up if/when I need to interact with a guy that I have a crush on. That is a surefire way to perk up an otherwise boring day unless the guy turns out to be a total dick but that has yet to happen.
Today is a very quiet day and my hope is that it stays that way. It makes for a longer day but there is something about having peace and quiet that matters more to me. Plus I might even be able to get away with taking a nap. I tried that yesterday and damn if the phone didn’t start blowing up. I go hours with no email then I lay down and it’s as if I am Mr. Popular but it doesn’t start until I either am about to doze off or have already fallen asleep. I hate being woken up regardless of who or why I am being woken up, it’s been that way my entire life and I don’t expect that will change as I continue to age. The boss is back and I need to send an email to him, really don’t want to but it’s necessary.
Here’s hoping that your day is awesome and the weekend follows suit. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment