Greetings!
My evening was okay. I found some interesting content on YouTube that managed to take up a few hours of my time. 1st up was a Library of Congress talk with Megan Mullaly and Leslie Jordan. That was quite interesting. Next up was the story of the band Journey and what led to the success and eventual demise of the band. Those are the only two real things I recall watching. I know I saw a Chiropractic video, always makes me wish I could get my body to pop like that and get relief. Most of the bodies that make it into those types of videos are the attractive ones, which is kind of why I watch but mostly it’s to hear the cracks and popping.
Finally got word of when the official Trick or Treat hours are and this year it’s Sunday and Monday. See what I mean about getting an extra day. When I was growing up Halloween was always on the 31st and you only got one day. Today you get two days and have a parade. Then again it’s normal to give participation trophies to any kid that tried out for a sport or showed up to play in a youth sports game. I am all about inclusion and making people feel welcome but I kind of think that were coddling the kids a bit too much. I suppose someone my age felt similar back when I was growing up but things were way different and I think tougher then in some ways then they are now. Life in general is difficult and gives you challenges. Growing up is no different but my thought process is if you don’t toughen up when your young then you will fall apart when your a grownup and get a real challenge thrown at you. Life is nothing short of constant learning and figuring out how to solve problems.
The Gator tried to wake me up at 5a but I just laid in bed and didn’t move. She eventually climbed into her bed and went to sleep. That’s when I got up and went to the bathroom. Then tip toed back into my room and fired up the second white noise machine because I knew the trash trucks were on the way and they would for sure wake me at 6a. It worked I got the machine going and managed to get back to bed and fall asleep. I woke up a few minutes before 7a when the alarm was set. I was not happy but got up anyway. Night never seems to come fast enough or last long enough for me and Morning is always here faster than I want. Ah well what can I say I am a huge fan of sleep. That is the one state where I am comfortable.
On the work front, I got my once a month call from my boss yesterday afternoon. It was as it is usually a complete waste of time. We jockey back and forth telling each other that things are okay, I hear about what a good job I am doing and to keep it up. Rah, Rah, go team or as I like to say Rah, Rah, go fuck yourself. Unless there is content I really think that these should be cancelled as they serve no purpose for me. On to today there is one meeting on the calendar just before lunch. Otherwise, today is a free ride with nothing to do. I might find some work but I am more apt to find a way to goof off and get paid for it. Returning to bed sounds nice but I did the yesterday and damn if the phone didn’t start blowing up again, so I am going to try to avoid going back to bed but if I get bored enough then that is what will occur.
Nothing much on tap for the weekend. I’ve got a haircut scheduled for tomorrow. Then I need to decide if I want to travel for pizza or if I would rather go to Red Lobster. Both sound very good. Pizza has the chance of eye candy and the assurance that I will be bringing left over food home. Red Lobster on the other hand there is a zero chance I will bring something home, I could get a drink and might see some eye candy. Tough decision but no matter which way I lean I will get some good food so at least I have that to look forward to.
Gator’s Chewy order will arrive today. I hope she enjoys what I bought for her. It’s really getting expensive to feed one cat. I don’t know how I would survive right now if I had to feed more than 1. Plus she gets extra hungry. Like this morning one can just wasn’t enough. She needed part of a second can before she declared that she was full. With any luck I should be able to skip the pet food store this weekend. All of what I got her is Purina and I like to keep it balanced with Fancy Feast as well. I have some cans of that on hand but I don’t know that I have quite enough to make it through another week. Might have to peek at the grocery store to see what they have. I also should make a Sam’s Club run for more soda and looks like I need batteries. My Roku Remote asked for new ones yesterday and that’s when I discovered I only have 1 AA left. I don’t go through them horribly fast. I don’t like paying retail prices but I don’t need so many batteries that a good majority of them will go bad.
Hopefully, I can find some good TV to watch. I’d like to take in a good movie like I did last weekend. Something that just draws me in and I (even if only momentarily) forget about life and focus on the movie. Since I won’t be on-call I look forward to turning my phone off and getting a vacation from it. I will turn it on when I am out an about but otherwise I just as soon turn it off. That is just refreshing to me especially knowing that I won’t be disturbed or interrupted, unless it comes from my four legged furry friend.
Not sure if I will remember but I plan to try to make a call later this afternoon to see about take out reservations for Thanksgiving. I know it’s not the 1st of November just yet but were close enough I would think they would have the take out menu, I mean it’s always the same as if your dining in and that menu has been out for weeks now. Still have the sick idea to order fish instead of turkey just to surprise everyone but I won’t do that. Hopefully, I can get reservations made to take this off my plate, it’s the one thing I have to do sort of like preparing the on-call calendar for next year. I kind of hate both tasks but they seem to always co-inside at the same time of the year. It’s just an assurance that the year is on it’s way to being done and we get to start fresh.
That’s where I am going to leave it for now. On to see what kind of fun I can have while the day is still young. I need to venture outside at some point and bring in the trash container. The leaves have turned here and they are falling. I’m positive I made the right call with saying end of season for mowing. In just a short time everyone’s lawn will be covered in leaves. Some people will rake and bag them and the majority will just let them be and let nature take it’s course. Then the ice and snow will come and winter will have begun. Have a great weekend no matter what you do, make sure that you take time for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment