25 October 2022

Bad Monday

Hello again!  I was heart broken to learn that Leslie Jordan passed away yesterday.  He made me laugh many times and I caught a couple of his videos during the pandemic.  I first saw him on Will & Grace.  Follow that up with more tragic news of yet another school shooting in America.  Yesterday was not a good day at all. 

The rain has fallen and continues to fall.  Driving in this morning was pure hell.  It’s like people had never seen water falling from the sky.  Accidents were everywhere and people were constantly changing lanes to jockey for position but that really doesn’t get anyone anywhere quickly.  While my normal start time is 8:30a I have been starting at 7:30a for the past two years.  I got here this morning at 8a and that was leaving the house a little bit early.  I should have gone with my gut and stayed home today.  I just didn’t want to spend a 3rd week at home.  My desk was empty and no one really missed me.  It’s just like I am working at home but I am isolated to my office and hear people passing by outside.  I honestly would have been more comfortable at home.  Here’s hoping the commute home will be a bit more peaceful. 

Gator was surprised when I woke her up since I was an hour early.  She had just come from the fountain and was settling down so I got to touch a wet cat.  She was pleased to see me though.  I got her some food but she was too lazy to get off the couch to eat.  I had to hand feed it to her from the couch.  She got some fluids last night.  She seems to be doing reasonably well given her old age and health.  Hopefully, we can continue down this same path for quite sometime.  I honestly think that me staying close to her makes her more comfortable and she always looks forward to spending time with me when she can. 

Work is about to get busy again and then I will get to eat some lunch.  I had a horrible supper last night.  Taco Uncrustables, which sounded great until I realized how small they were.  I had some junk food to top my stomach off and just chalked it all up to a bad day.  Tonight I plan to have something better and hopefully more enjoyable. 

Hope that your dry and doing well.  Talk with you all again soon.  Stay safe and be well. 

No comments: