Howdy, I hope that your having a great weekend. Mine has been just okay thus far.
Friday was a day I was ready to quit my job. There was so much politicking going on that it drove me to be enraged. It took a while but I managed to calm down. The best thing that I did all day was to turn my work email off on my phone and make sure that my work phone was set to go to voice mail. I haven’t peeked so when I turn it back on either later tonight (Sunday) or Monday morning it will be a complete surprise as to what if anything is waiting for me.
Gator and I caught up on shows that I had on the DVR. Quite a backlog. I still have more stuff to watch. I’ve been watching The Big Bang Theory on HBOMAX and Will & Grace on Amazon Prime. HBO is better in that there are no promos and I can skip the theme song of the show. Not like I haven’t heard both shows themes a thousand times or more. It’s refreshing to hear it again once or twice but after that it’s an annoyance to me.
Saturday I woke up to an alarm sounding in the living room. My UPS had died. I tried to revive it but no luck. I got on Amazon and ordered a new one, it was delivered a few hours later. The new unit offers more battery & surge outlets and it was a higher capacity unit. $85 which I didn’t think was bad at all. I could have easily spent that on replacing the battery in the old unit. The alarms on the new unit are silenced by default but I actually want to hear them if they are present. I had to read the manual to figure out how to turn them on, which was a little tricky for me but I got it.
Had a nice shower in the afternoon, got dressed and just headed straight for food. My sugar was super low and I knew that food was the most important thing to get to. I was set for BBQ but I opted to drive for Mexican. It wasn’t nearly as tasty as it was a few weeks ago. I got Black Beans this time to make it different. They were so good going in. I don’t know that they will be so great when they come out.
Stopped for the mail on the way back home. Then hit up Sam’s Club. I knew that it would be an expensive weekend and I was far from done shopping. I stopped there and headed home to unload and relax for the rest of the evening.
Gator has been most of the weekend sleeping in my lap. She just can’t get enough of it. I have gotten some hugs in and she has gotten her fair share of food and attention. I enjoy the cuddling and can’t help but think that at some point in the future life won’t be so great. I enjoy celebrating her birthdays but hate watching her grow old if that makes sense. She sure does love her sleep! That is when she looks the absolute cutest.
Sunday I woke up early and went to breakfast. No one bought my meal today, while it was a nice gesture it’s not something that happens often. I had an okay breakfast. The waiter that I like wasn’t working today so no eye candy but that’s fine. After breakfast I made a Target run. Wow there went $100 quickly. The most expensive thing I bought was cat litter. They didn’t have what I normally buy so I got as close to it as I could. I hate changing litter on Gator they get used to it and while it doesn’t seem to matter to her it matters to me. On to the grocery store. Damn if I didn’t forget to get 3 way bulbs for the 3rd weekend in a row. I gave up on that and just ordered them from Amazon, they will be here in a few days. Found the French Toast Fritters at the grocery store again and couldn’t pass them up. I also got some Hot Dogs that’s a nice diversion from a cold deli sandwich for lunch. Stopped for gasoline, the low fuel light came on for what I think is the 3rd time since I have owned this car in 5 years. I am good about keeping a full tank. Damn it was expensive to fill up, $43 gas I see is on the way backup again.
Finally home. Unloaded everything and then watched more TV with Gator. I was able to squeeze in a quick nap. Working on some laundry. Need to clean the house. I also need to go back out for Cat Food for her. I am probably going to stop and get some dinner and I need to hit up a pharmacy. Then I will finally be done with spending money for the weekend or so I hope.
It was nice getting out of the house. I kept an eye on Gator through the cameras. It’s comforting for me to see that she is okay. Going to do some porn surfing and then it’s on to that house cleaning stuff I talked about.
I am thinking of getting a new vacuum. The one I have has a horrible exhaust fumes and things don’t smell the best. I’ve used the hell out of it but it was something cheap I got from Amazon a few years ago and I think it’s well past it’s prime. I have seen an infomercial for the new Shark. It looks pretty good. Not terribly happy with the price but if it does what they say it will and lasts then it’s worth it. Kind of like the money I spent for my original Dyson, that thing ran for years and I got more than my moneys worth out of it. I looked at vacuums when I was at Target. They have 2 Dyson models that are really up there in price. They also have some Shark’s that are reasonable but they don’t come with all of the attachments that I have seen on TV that look quite handy.
Talk with you again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment