31 October 2022

Halloween

Good Morning and Happy Halloween, if you celebrate. 

Not a whole lot going on this morning and since it’s a Monday that is a very good thing.  I fell into a very deep sleep and it’s a little difficult to be awake right now but I am trying to get used to it.  Today is one of those cold and dark days where I wish I could just go back to bed and not have to worry about work.  It’s like today should be part of the weekend, then again maybe that’s just me talking w/o the sugar in my system this morning. 

Last night I cleaned up the bathroom and moved in my new Tao brush.  Shaved and got a shower.  I had washed the sheets and pillow cases and my rule of thumb is always start off with a clean body sleeping in the sheets.  I get more rest and well last night that really proved true. 

Gator woke me up one time and it was 2 hours before I was scheduled to get up.  She was hungry and pleased with what I gave her.  I let her chow down and I went back to bed.  Had the most strangest dream, I had switched jobs and was working for an Accounting Firm ran by two brothers.  They were fine but my co-workers were a bit strange and the company was operating with outdated technology that used a lot of DOS command lines.  I knew some of them but others required me to think a bit before they would come to me.  Needless to say when I woke up for real it’s no wonder I didn’t want to go to work after just having a strange dream like that. 

I used the bathroom and tried to calm Gator in the process.  Then went to fetch her breakfast.  Not before stopping and checking the litter box  Things are back to normal, which is good.  I made my Oatmeal and sat and ate it along with my Belvita biscuits, and banana.  Then shuffled off to the bathroom to take my pills and then to my room to put on some clothes.  In front of the TV and waited for Gator who showed up eventually.  She ate a little bit and then I just petted her as I started flipping channels because the political ads started.  They are getting stronger and more frequent now that were on the heels of election day.  I will be so glad when they stop it’s.  Then I talked myself to getting the day started. 

There isn’t anything on my schedule until much later in the day.  If it wasn’t for my phone blowing up I could easily call this a day and work from bed or phone it in for the bulk of the day.  We have some left over rain and since the sun wasn’t up when I got up it was very dark outside which was just inviting circumstances to go back to bed. 

Last night I saw several kids dressed up as well as their parents.  They started about dusk time and made there way through the neighborhood.  There were a couple of close calls on my street with vehicle traffic but thankfully nothing happened.  They will all be out again tonight in full force and then were done with this.  I can turn my outside lights back on and resume a normal life.  That is until next weekend when we have the time change and Fall backwards by an hour.  More sleep that is always fun.  Getting used to the time change is always awkward but I will make it through.  

The odd odor has permeated my upstairs.  I got out an odor bag and put it up in my room initially but have since moved it to the living room.  The smell is still bad this morning.  I hate the smell and it’s a horrible thing to wake up to.  I have an air freshener in my room which helps a little bit but not much.  This isn’t the horrible odor that was for sure urine it’s the gasoline like smell and I just want it to stop and never come back.  I figured since I was mouse free the odors would stop but apparently that is not the case.  Hopefully, it won’t last terribly much longer but usually it’s about a week or two.  For all I know another mouse got in and then died.  That is a possibility.  Just kind of odd that is’ not noticeable here in the basement.  My room and the living room/kitchen are the areas where it’s seems the strongest. 

Here’s hoping that I find some motivation to do some work today and that the day doesn’t linger on.  Tomorrow at this time I should be in the office and well I don’t exactly look forward to that since I will be driving in the dark and it will the cold.  Plus I will have less sleep than I have today.  However, there is enough going on tomorrow that I it will actually be a challenge to figure out when I will be able to eat lunch.  Kind of opposite day.  However, if things calm down enough I plan to leave super early like I did last week so I am home before the afternoon rush hour starts.  The week after that Tuesday is actually Election Day and were off, my tentative plans are to travel to the buffet for Mexican Food.  I am looking forward to that more than I am Thanksgiving.  However, time off is time off.  Unfortunately, I will be on-call so that could derail my plans but I sure hope not. 

Well on to scour the web and maybe actually work or go back to bed for a bit.  Hope that you have a great day this last day of October.  2 more months left in this year and then were done.  4 holidays or days off from work plus 2 vacation days I have scheduled in early December.  There is good and bad in that but I hope more good than bad!

Cheers!

No comments: