16 June 2022

Waiting on the weekend

Not much going on today.  Certainly a different outlook than last Thursday when I was off and had not a care in the world.  At least there isn’t much on my schedule today.  I’ve really got 1 task to complete that can be done at anytime and then just watching for anything that crops up.  I like days like this but they do also have a tendency to drag on and feel like the day will never end. 

Gator woke me up one time last night and I fed her.  I really think she wanted to come back in my room but I wouldn’t let her.  I had to get her out of bed and usher her toward the food I just put out.  It was nice and cool in my room, that is until I closed the door and then it turned into a furnace.  I of course was up for about an hour because I couldn’t go back to sleep.  Just sat around and watched random YouTube videos.  Eventually I got drowsy and went back to bed. 

I almost gave myself potential food poison.  I went to eat some yogurt that has been hanging out in my fridge.  I was all set for it and then checked the label, expired by at least 2 weeks.  Just put that back in the fridge.  Today I will throw it out when I take the trash out. 

Yesterday I placed an order for a new radar detector.  Something that I have wanted for a couple years.  It is on back order but the good news is that it’s expected to ship next week.  It’s a lot of money from my perspective but the one I have has saved me and worth what I paid for it.  I’m sure this one will do the same because it’s just a newer model with better technology.  The one I have now is on it’s way out, it makes a funny noise when I turn it on and it gets really hot, so I have been leaving it off.  Between radar & the Waze app I’ve got pretty good coverage but there is no substitute for a great pair of eyes.  Watching is always your best defense.  Most of my speeding is done on the commute to and from work.  The rest of the time I use cruise and drive a couple miles over but nothing drastic.  Unless it’s an emergency then all bets are off. 

It’s going to be an expensive month with a new chair and new radar detector lumped in with all of the other bills.  However, I didn’t commit to anything I can’t afford to pay for in full when the bill arrives.  Money is kind of like stickers when I was a kid.  I loved to collect them and hang on to them and didn’t want to share or give them away.  Today I would gladly give you a sticker instead of money.  However, the saying is you can’t take it with you and I don’t have an unending supply but might as well use it to my benefit and indulging myself isn’t a bad thing so long as I don’t do it often and honestly I really don’t. 

I followed up on the money the state is holding for my mom and the documents I sent are in line for review so hopefully within a month or two we should either see a check or get a request for additional information.  Nothing like found money you didn’t even know you were entitled to.  Just pick a state and type in its name followed by found money, it should get you to the treasurers office for that state.  They should have a way to check to see if they are holding money for you or a deceased person that you are the next of kin or executor of their estate.  I go periodically to check never expected to see my late spouses name show much less my own mom.  What I have found has all been under $100 but if it’s something I am entitled to, a few minutes of paperwork and a stamp is certainly worth my time to retrieve it.  Some states will show the exact amount where as others will say either under or over $100.  A reminder story like this airs on local news from time to time but most people gloss over it because they think they don’t have anything for me.  You never really know until you check. 

Another furnace fire of a day here and it’s set to continue for the foreseeable future.  Were not technically in Summer yet until Next Tuesday but the weather is on par with what is to be expected for this time of year.  This will be the same story for pretty much the next 3 months.  I like the change of seasons in general but if I could pick the perfect weather it would be a nice sunny day with temperatures in the low 70’s.  It’s not too hot and not too cold. 

Resting is on tap for the weekend along with hitting up my usual stops and the vets office.  3 days will go by way too fast and I will be off kilter next week and not know what day it is until somehow things magically sync up by next weekend and then I will be back on track. 

Stay hydrated, cool and be well.  Talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: