Once again, it’s time to say Happy Friday! I hope that all is well, your staying cool and looking forward to yet another weekend.
Last night was kind of boring as the day was. I just watched random YouTube videos and caught up on social media. A couple of interesting finds. First, Charlie Puth posted a TikTok where you see a Roast Beef Sandwich and then he says I’m addicted to this and you see what looks like jizz squirt from a bottle all over the sandwich. I’ve got no idea what that liquid was but I doubt seriously it was jizz. For being a 30-year-old man, he’s acting much more like a 20 something. His hormones must be in super overdrive, I get that he’s horny but if you think with the wrong head, you can easily do something stupid. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks he’s going to announce something about his sexuality and say that he is something other than straight, but I also think that is wishful thinking.
The other interesting video I saw on YouTube was a guy who got stopped for a non-working headlight, taillight and tag light. He was borrowing a friend’s truck, which he had no registration for, the truck hadn’t been registered in 10 years and he quickly became unglued and started yelling and cussing at the police officer. The original officer that stopped him was a female. She got another female for backup. Then pretty soon two other male officers showed up. This all took place back in 2021 in Florida. He was upset that they were going to tow the truck, that it was going to cost him money. He even yelled at the tow truck driver. The tipping point was when they went to issue citations to him, he refused to sign. He was told that it’s a criminal offense not to sign the ticket. It’s not an admission of guilt, just a promise to comply. He kept his mouth running and before you knew it, he was on the ground in cuffs. One of the male officers told him they put up with enough of his shit. I pretty much saw the ending based on his behavior if he would have walked away from this it would have really surprised me. I honestly don’t think anyone wants to go to jail much less have an interaction with the police but if you keep it civil and professional as well as not making any sudden movements and keep your hands out of your pockets, odds are in your favor that you will likely walk away if it’s just a traffic infraction. Why this dumbass wanted to get mouthy and scream at the police, I don’t understand. He kept asking for a Sargent as if they would rescue him or cut him some slack. It’s not like the business world where you ask for a supervisor and magically things work out in your favor.
I’ve always had an interest in law enforcement but based on all of the tv shows, videos and news reports I have seen in my lifetime I am glad I have a different line of work. I mean if I could get a job behind the scenes involving technology where I wasn’t face to face with the public then yeah, I’d jump at that but otherwise no thanks. Way too many risks to take and the pay on average isn’t the best but I have seen some pretty decent numbers once you climb in rank.
Gator finally requested to sit in my lap when I moved to my room and was waiting for my sleeping meds to kick in. I picked her up and she moved around a couple times, once she got comfy, she was like a cool pat of butter on a warm baked potato and she melted away to sleep with her head on my leg and then she adjusted to burying her face to shutout the light. She was pretty deep in sleep when I had to wake her and was a little confused and mildly upset. She quickly got in her bed and drifted back to sleep as I was preparing to climb into my bed and do the same thing. Midnight rolled around and she needed a snack, I fed her and closed the door. Then 4a rolled around I was having a strange dream and the phone woke me up. It was the weather service warning of severe thunderstorms. Not terribly happy about that wake-up call. I climbed back into bed and a short while later I heard the siren go off on the weather radio. I opened the door and went to check on Gator. She of course took that as I was giving her an early breakfast and she cried so I opened up a can of food for her. Then looked out the window. It was pouring buckets and the wind was really blowing. My front gutters did their job. While the back gutters overflowed with water reminding me that they need to be cleaned.
I left my door open and went back to bed. Got comfy and the phone went off again, which I knew it would but I didn’t answer. I knew it was another weather call by the ring tone. I had 3 hours to sleep but I think I might have gotten in 30 minutes to an hour if that. The trash trucks came through and while they were some what muffled by my white noise machines, I still managed to hear them. That was the last loud noise until the weather siren went off again.
It's still raining and I think the storm will give us some cooler temperatures for the weekend but next week it will be back into the frying pan.
I got an email confirmation this morning my radar detector shipped this morning. Probably won’t get picked up until later this afternoon or evening. I expect it will arrive early next week but it could also be here as soon as tomorrow just kind of depends on the carrier. My replacement gas lift for my new office chair is supposed to be here today. My sticker for my license plate renewal is waiting for me at the post office along with bills that thankfully are all paid.
I think today will be another hum drum boring long ass day. I’ve got a few things to do at work but they are all late afternoon activities and my morning is wide open at the moment. I got a note last night that I am getting a new laptop because my old one is coming off lease. I hate coordinating the swap and I have a virtual machine that I could easily make my full-time machine and avoid the swap part as well as carrying a piece of hardware to and from. However, I also think that it is smart to have 2 ways to connect in, especially when working from home. Often one platform will experience problems while the other remains unaffected. That’s kind of a nice position to be in especially if you’re working under a deadline or with something urgent because that is usually when tech problems come out of the wood work. I am never excited to cough up a temporary password and let someone else into my world where they have unfettered access to everything work related, especially since a lot of what I deal with is confidential and sensitive in nature. 4 years ago, when this last happened I got out of it by asking to configure my own machine but I don’t know if that will fly this time or if it’s even worth asking about. Back then I was a little more familiar with the configuration aspect of things and as time has gone on, I have become less and less familiar with it because it’s no longer part of my job. Just thinking about the process makes me feel uneasy but in the grand scheme of life it’s a minor issue.
Father’s Day is Sunday and oddly enough that would also be my (cat) Momma’s birthday. Gator’s mom. I’ve had some photos of her pop up in my memories when she was outside and pregnant. Her birthday is the day I brought her in and rescued her. As I recall it was on a weekend, a Saturday afternoon I believe. Life hasn’t been the same for me since that day. You just never know what action you take today can change the course of life as you know it. I’ve got no regrets and think that was one of the more positive choices I made. The only thing that sucks is that Gator is the only one of the whole bunch that is left. Kind of wish they all could have gotten the same good gene make up that she seems to have acquired.
Wishing you all a great weekend and if applicable a Happy Father’s Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment