23 June 2022

Chaos rules

Last night Gator got a full dose of fluids.  She was quite unhappy with me for poking her and making her sit still as the fluid poured into her.  I could just tell that she was off yesterday.  Her appetite was on fire and she just kept asking for can after can after can in the evening.  I have a little bit of fluid left in the bag and that should be in her but she got the bulk of it.  I am ready to toss it and spike the new bag that I picked up.  We had an encounter at 4a because my body woke me up.  She came to the door crying and asked for food so I passed out her first can of the day and then she came and sat with me in my lap.  I tried to fall asleep but it just wasn’t happening.  She on the other hand was out and deep into sleep.  I hated to wake her but after an hour I wanted to go back to bed and try to sleep as I was drowsy.  I mostly tossed and turned.  My left shoulder and upper back have a knot in them and I worked on that a little bit but it need more attention. 

When I got up for good at 7a, Gator was pleased to see me and of course she expected me to hand feed her.  I did but I took care of getting my breakfast, getting dressed and medicated.  Then I tended to her.  I was a few minutes late to the computer but it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

I was working away and got really nervous like something wasn’t right.  I poured over my work to double check myself and found nothing wrong.  Then it hit.  It was something I had done previously and HR passed out some bad information which caused a lot of chaos for me and a few others.  My part is all ironed out but it took a bit of time.  I am waiting for one final piece to come through and then that little bastard of a problem will officially be done.  This was a unique problem/mistake that I never came across before.  I am a little mad at myself because I should have caught it before it was an issue but too many things blended together and it just didn’t stick out.  Thankfully I don’t work with life and death so it’s all good.  Just frustrating. 

Not much on the to do list for me today, which is kind of typical for a Thursday.  I’ve got a meet up with the boss later today.  It’s a touch base conversation that he has with all of us individually on a monthly basis.  They are usually just a waste of time.  He always counts on me to have nothing to talk about and is consistently late or asks to move the call up.  I just hear the same BS about how much I am allegedly “appreciated”.  He usually doesn’t have anything for me other than praise or compliments.  It a call that lasts 5 minutes if that.  While it’s nice that he has these I view them as a waste of time.  If there is a major issue don’t think I am going to just hold on to it for a month, I am going to be contacting him to voice a concern.  One good thing about me is that I am a communicator and try to ensure that no manager of mine is caught off guard or by surprise.  I try to be as good as I can at what I do.  I’m not perfect but I also don’t make many errors and when I do, I own them. 

Wow I am suddenly ready for a nap.  Wonder why?  It’s way past snack time but I should go up to check on my girl.  I know when she sees me she will want food.  Today is also the fun day where I get to wrangle the trash and push out the barrel to the street.  I never look forward to this task but on the bright side at least it’s a nice day outside, even if it’s hot.  It really sucks to do this task when winter rolls around. 

That’s all I know at the moment.  Looking forward to the weekend, even though I probably won’t accomplish much I do enjoy a break from work.  Next week it’s back to on-call and I really hate that but it will also mean that I won’t be going in on Tuesday, so there is good & bad with everything. 

I appreciate your visit and hope that your doing well.  Talk more later, bye for now. 

No comments: