Good Morning! I woke up early from a strange dream. Last night I thought I was smelling another dead mouse and for sure that is the case this morning. I hope this is the last one. Smells a little like gasoline but it’s very foul. Unfortunately, unless I can locate the carcass (which I won’t be trying to) it will take about 2 weeks for the smell to go away. It bothers my nose/allergies a lot and it is mild to Gator but she does do some sneezing. The smell is the worst in my bedroom and in my office. As for the rest of the house you get a mild hint but for the most part its peaceful. Sadly I spend the day here in my office and at night I am in my room for a good portion of time relaxing and sleeping. I don’t wish the mouse problem on anyone they are crafty little bastards and difficult to get rid of.
A colleague of mine that I work close with is taking the rest of the week off due to a death in the family. He’s got to do some travel. Not exactly a bad time of year for travel with the Independence Day Holiday near but the price of gas won’t be the best. This of course means a little bit more work for me. I’m not thrilled about it but there isn’t exactly much I can do about it either. I do wish that it was me traveling (not for the same reason) but I could use a vacation and some new scenery for a few days, maybe a dip in an indoor pool – it sounds really nice.
Today is one of those days where I really don’t want to work at all, I would be happy just being with Gator and lounging. I am keeping an eye on the work email and jumping in when I need to. I don’t have a lot scheduled for today but there are a couple of tasks that I need to take care of. Thankfully no meetings are on the books as of yet and I don’t anticipate anything developing. Since were at the mid-week point I think a lot of people have or soon will check out and begin to enjoy the extended holiday weekend. My expectation is that it overall will be quiet but I can’t rule out an emergency here or there.
I spent the bulk of yesterday configuring my new work laptop. It wasn’t exactly a fun task. I did it to help speed along the process as I need to surrender my old laptop and plan to do that next Tuesday when I go in. Not super excited about the new hardware because there really isn’t a physical dock to snap the machine into, you have to hook up and unhook a bunch of adapters each time you want to go from it being a laptop to more like a desktop. That apparently is the wave of the future for laptops, not sure what dummy thought that would be a good idea but I personally like a docking station – just a snap and your done.
I am really looking forward to tomorrow and the arrival of my Pure Wave Massager. I do hope that this thing is all that is cracked up to be as I am in some pain and it would be nice to make that disappear.
Bills have all been paid and I am damn near out of money but thankfully pay day will be here tomorrow and I will get a refill on money. That will only be for a couple weeks then the cycle will begin all over again empty and refill just like a cup of soda.
Speaking of soda, I have my 3rd COVID shot scheduled for Saturday. I originally put it late in the day but moved it up because I want pizza. I figure I will get the shot and then make the hike for pizza. Hopefully my luck will pay off and I can look at the cute waiter again, that just never gets old. I do want to ask him out but don’t know if he’s gay and the fear of rejection or the fact that we just might not be compatible (due to the wide age difference) is what is stopping me. I will have the morning if I want to take care of any tasks and there is plenty of time for cat food shopping. The question is will there be any cat food on the shelves for purchase? Last week was the lowest it’s ever been. I have a thought of going over on Friday afternoon but not sure that will materialize. The grocery store had food for purchase but just not a lot of what Gator regularly consumes. Wish she wasn’t so picky then it would be much easier to feed her.
Saw a movie last night on Starz called Death of a Telemarketer. It was pretty good and there was a couple of plot twists that I didn’t see coming. It came out 2 years ago so not that old but not something that was on my radar. I watched the trailer and that is what caused me to watch the movie. The trailer is how I determine if I want to see a movie or not. I kind of wish that I would have played hooky on Monday I could have gone to see Top Gun 2 in IMAX at lunch time. That was the last showing in my area in the IMAX format. I’m just too honest and dedicated to my job.
Gator seems a little bit better from what little I have seen of her this morning. Usually we get the most time together in the afternoon and evening hours. I really wish that she didn’t have kidney disease, I think that is what will be her undoing in the end. Right now the goal is to keep it under control and hope that it doesn’t advance quickly.
I don’t have much else to blabber on about. Kind of in a talkative mood this morning but I don’t want to ramble on too much. Hope that it’s a great day for you and that you get everything accomplished that you want and need to. I will of course have some man candy that posts a bit later this afternoon so come back if your reading this in the morning.
Bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment