The title sums up how I spent my day. I got my 6a wake up call from the trash folks and Gator chimed in. Once I got her fed I went back to bed and realized I forgot her probiotic. I turned on my white noise machine and also had my Amazon Echo running White Noise. It wasn’t sound proof of external noises but it took more to break the white noise barrier. I fell into a nice slumber. Got up a couple hours later.
Gator was passed out on the couch and I tried to be as quiet as possible but I still managed to wake her. I think it was when the cereal was hitting the bowl that woke her. I got her some food and probiotic and then was able to eat my meal. I took my pills and retreated to my room. Gator was soon to follow. She wanted in my lap and that’s where she was placed, as I skimmed my phone. A large number of unread emails, which can only mean one thing. My work email was full and personal email was next to empty. I skimmed work but quickly shifted to personal and cleared that. Then put the phone down and turned on the TV.
We started watching Fire Island on Hulu. I got about 1/2 way through and I needed to go back to bed. Had to evacuate Gator to the floor and then I jumped in bed. She wasn’t happy and left me. I fell back asleep but woke up in a haze, wondering why no one had woke me up. As if there was another human here that was supposed to wake me. Fell back asleep for a bit and then woke up to the sobering reality that I am all alone. I haven’t had that feeling wash over me in a while and thought I was kind of past it but apparently not. It’s pretty bad when it happens.
I think between what I saw in Fire Island movie thus far and yesterday my peering into all of the cats photo albums, my mind drifted into the past and I thought life was all normal but once I was fully awake realized that wasn’t the case.
I got out of bed, checked on Gator and got her more food and probiotic. Grabbed a soda for myself and then we went back to my room and finished up Fire Island. Then watched a short bit of a tech podcast and finally switched over to porn. Then on to YouTube for a bit and I gave Gator the bad news that I had to get up again.
I showered, dried off and then got dressed. By now Gator was back in her bed, face down to keep all of the light out. She never moved an inch so she was in the zone. I still talked to her letting her know I was going out for a bit, detailed where I was going and that I would be back in a few hours. With that I headed out. Grabbed the trash barrel. Then left to grab the mail, cat food and drove off to get a pizza.
Sadly no cute waiter today. The place was packed with people as if the pandemic was over. There was a sign in the window that said they were hiring, which they have been for a while. New waitresses were in training and everyone was kind of running around like their hair was on fire. I wanted to ask about the waiter but feared that he may have left and really wasn’t in the mood to hear any bad news, so I just sat in silence and skimmed my phone a little bit and did some people watching. Finally pizza time and not much got my attention. Of course with all of the great luck I have, I had finished my meal and was in my vehicle when a group of good looking guys pulled in and went in. I got to look at each one of them and slobber a little bit but wasn’t happy that I was leaving.
Made the drive home and unloaded the vehicle. Talked with Gator and put her food away. Passed out a can of food which she wasn’t interested in. Apparently she had just gotten comfortable on the couch before I walked in because when I went to pet her, she was wet. Which means she had been hanging out at the fountain. I grabbed the laundry and came on down.
Started the laundry, paid some bills, balanced my books and then dove straight into looking at vehicles. I wondered about brands like Buick and that some how lead me down the path of Mercedes. Buick has something comparable to what I want, their warranty is lacking and sadly nothing in Blue. Mercedes however has pretty much exactly what I want at the right price point. Only I wouldn’t get any discount. They don’t seem to do ventilated seats (as in AC in the seat) which is kind of a must when your sitting on a leather seat, especially when it’s 95 outside and the car has been baking in the sun all day long. Their warranty is spot on. They have a bit too much technology in the car and there would be a huge learning curve for me. However, the shade of blue is calling my name and caused me to instantly fall in love. I would feel a bit out of place driving a Mercedes, I’m not wealthy and damn when something breaks unless it was covered by the warranty I probably would need to take a second loan out on the house. While I am clearly not content with what the universe wants me to do, which is keep what I have. There really isn’t any harm in looking other than it makes me want to go buy one. The Mercedes dealer site I was on wants you to use this new service, where you put in all of your personal info., info. about your trade, info about what you want to buy and then they have banks fight for your loan. You pick where you want to do business and get to see your monthly payments. Pick one, DocuSign all of the documents and then either go pick up the car at the dealer or have them bring it to you. Your done and your not trapped in a room with a Finance Person which is a second sales person, where the dealer really makes their money with all of the addons.
I have realized that I am probably safest to keep what I have but that is really not where my heart is at and I really want to drive something new. The fiasco last Saturday with the curb the tire & wheel put me on this path a bit sooner than I had planned. Right now I am tempted to unfreeze my credit, apply for a loan and see what a monthly payment looks like. Then if it is within my price range go hit up the dealer and see what they have in stock. Test drive one and if I like it just settle up and buy it. No extended warranty or add on BS other than Gap Coverage. That is probably the single most important thing you can purchase when it comes to a new vehicle loan. If you total a car your not always going to get what you owe for it and that’s where Gap coverage comes into play to fill in the gap so you don’t wind up making monthly payments for something you no longer own, it makes up the difference between what the insurance company gives you and what you owe on your loan to pay it off in full. I’ve got that now and had it on my last car as well. Never had to file a claim but I rest easier knowing its there. Right now I am still on the fence, but I think holding off may pay off in the end. I am worried that the dealer will run out of stock and that I will have to place an order, which is something I really don’t want to do. How can I possibly commit to something I have never seen or driven, it just feels all kind of wrong.
Going to watch more TV with Gator and lounge for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow is grocery store day. Might go out for breakfast if I get up early enough and there isn’t a long wait. Needs to hit up Sam’s and that is never a fun trip to make, especially on a weekend. I’d also like to hit up Office Depot to grab a new chair but Rome wasn’t built in a day. I’ve only got 3 days to work this week, I will be on call not on Thursday & Friday but all of those others days. The following week I will be picking up on-call on Thursday & Friday because of a switch I made to accommodate my time away this week. I will have 2 days off to do other things in addition to the weekend. I never seems to run out of the ability to make plans, I do however not always complete everything I set out to in the time frame allotted.
Hope your enjoying the weekend and the weather is nice in your neck of the woods. Bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment