10 August 2021

Usual Business

My employer is really sticking to this mandatory return to the office plan, despite the fact that infection rates are worse now than they were last summer.  In my area hospital beds are in high demand once again.  Yet today we received more information about our planned return.  The major tenant that occupies our building has pushed back their mandatory return to mid October and I think chances are pretty good they will extend it even further. 

I get that everyone wants to go back to normal and it’s healthy to get back into your normal routines, if only for a couple days out of the week.  However, you can’t put your blinders on and think that alone will cause this problem to disappear.  It didn’t work last year and it won’t work today. 

Despite that we are being told how safe our office environment is and what extra measures are in place to help comfort everyone that we are doing everything possible (short of letting everyone continue to work from home full time) to make it okay to come back. 

In case you can’t tell already I am not on board with this plan and I have already drafted a note to my doctor.  I am waiting a little bit before I send it but based on the numbers (science) what I see says that things are only getting worse.  If some how magically this all clears up by the day they want us to return then I will go back.  Of course if my doctor doesn’t side with me then I will be forced to go back because I do need to keep my job.  Based on our last in person conversation I think I will have his full support.  Only time will tell for certain. 

Outside of work, life is hum drum normal and boring.  Just waiting on the lawn guy to show up to mow the yard which looks horrible.  We have been getting nothing but rain and that of course will further the lawn growth.  Gator still has her ferocious appetite and is bugging me as I type for food. 

Off to feed her and then back to the fun that is work.  Hope your having a great Tuesday.  Talk with you again soon.

No comments: