20 August 2021

It’s all gravy

I made it to the pet food store yesterday evening.  I picked up normal food for her majesty and also picked up the gravy packets that had worked well in the past for the other cats.  She absolutely loves the gravy packets.  It’s a smaller portion of food and while she doesn’t clean the plate there is a whole lot less waste.  Last night I gave her one before bed and she practically inhaled it and looked at me as if to say “MORE”, I gave her another one and she did the same thing and was ready for bed. 

There was about an hour period of time where she spent alone on the couch napping, which is unusual but she did check in with me before I turned out the lights and we slept together as normal. 

As for sleep I got more last night but she still woke me a couple times for food.  We got in a brushing & combing session which she has a love/hate relationship with.  I am giving her a little bit of extra attention and I think she knows that I am well aware something is wrong & we are working on it.  Albeit slowly due to the vets schedule. 

If there is another night where she makes it impossible to sleep that is when I will pull out the stops and make the emergency visit, it will cost a hell of a lot more but if it will speed up the answer process and that is what will make it worth while. 

Not exactly sure how I made it through yesterday with no nap or dozing off of any kind.  I think it was pure adrenaline for a good portion of the morning and just staying busy in the afternoon.

Were back to business as usual at the moment but I am keeping a watchful eye on her.  Happy weekend!

No comments: