I hope all is well. Between my depression and being tired (from the cat waking me up several times), I opted to take yesterday off. I woke up to feed the cat and just knew that this was going to be one of those days that I was going to loaf. That is exactly what I did yesterday. I finished up Suits which didn’t take very long. Then it was a scramble for content. Watched old game shows on You Tube that was interesting and passed the time. Steve Harvey’s reaction videos that are edited together on YouTube from Family Feud are also a great way to pass time and be entertained, at least for me.
I am a bit concerned about the cat. She was sleeping and I was just looking at her. I saw something of concern on the lower portion of her mouth. When she woke up, I investigated and saw that on both sides of her mouth her gums are black around the same teeth on both sides of her mouth. It’s been slowly developing and of course with some googling I found that it is normal in older cats, it’s gum disease. Given the entire health history of the feline family I have been through I have no doubt learned a lot about cats. Her sister had oral cancer (which led to an early death) and it is possible this could be cancer but only a vet can say for sure. Right now, she shows no signs of cancer or that she is dying. Those signs being loss of appetite, decrease thirst, lethargic and hiding. While I immediately jumped to a cancer diagnosis with research and time, I was able to calm down a bit. Look she is 17 years old so for all intents and purposes she is dying but then again aren’t we all? I am slowly trying to prepare myself that she is going to leave me, probably when I least expect it and when I can least emotionally afford it, there just won’t be a good time for that to happen. This is what triggered my depression into over drive, I had all kind of thoughts swimming around in my head. She still very much has quality of life and seeks me out for attention and food. The food thing is a little bit of concern but I would rather have her eating than not. When ever the day comes that she is no longer with me is when I will likely loose it and fall completely apart, she is the last link to the life that I once had.
On the COVID front, numbers (rate of infections) in my area are increasing. There is starting to be an ambulance shortage which is scary. Work is still forging forward to get everyone back in the office for what I am sure will turn into a recipe for disaster. I just sent my request off to the doctor this morning, asking for a letter that will permit me to continue working from home until there is better control on the spread of COVID. My doctor might surprise me and say go back but only time will tell.
My new glasses arrived on Saturday and I am adjusting to wearing them. I like them better but the frame slips a little bit. I’ve tried my hand at adjusting them but thus far not much luck. I bought some plastic bumpers (for lack of better wording) for my last pair; they slip on to the arms of the glasses. I just put them on this new pair a short while ago and hope that will help. From today’s mail snap shot I got looks like the check from my vision insurance provider is waiting for me. I wish they would update their website so I could see how much money I will get before I open the envelope.
Not terribly much going on today but playing catch up this morning did help pass the time rather fast. Lunch time was here before I knew it. The rest of the week looks a bit hectic. Meetings, Training and you know the stuff that work is made of.
I’ve got 2 weeks before vacation and am kind of looking forward to it. I just hope that I am as productive as I hope to be. Talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment