12 January 2020

More on Momma

So I am still numb to the news.  I just can’t seem to accept it.  None of this started until she got her wound on her leg.  Based on symptoms that I read for a spider bite on a cat it doesn’t sound like that is what happened.  It is rather an abscess that she likely got from fighting and probably with Gator.  Since this went untreated for a bit that allowed time for it to fester and build in her body.  I do think that the cardiac/fluid issue is from the abscess and that she doesn’t have heart issues. 

I am either right or wrong and only time will tell.  All I can do is monitor and use my best judgement until we get to see the vet again.  I do hope for momma’s sake and my sake that I am right and this will pass.  I think she needs a stronger antibiotic.  What she has will last for 2 weeks so if after a week there isn’t marked improvement I will be calling.  I think the Lasix will force the fluid out of her paw but I have mixed feelings about giving that to her once a day.  I am going to at least give it a shot. 

So there you have it more of my humble opinion. 


On the home front I finally drained the water heater.  I saw where a portion of the paint had bubbled up and I pressed it a small portion caved in.  That didn’t sit well with me but the thing is still working.  I thought for sure I broke it when I turned on the hot water upstairs it started to spit and there was a period where nothing happened.  I think there were air bubbles in the line and they had to be forced out before the stilly thing would start working again.  It does work and there isn’t a leak at the moment on the floor.  Looks like I will be replacing this thing sooner rather than later.  Since it’s only me here when the time comes I will look at a tankless water heater.  Two reasons, #1 it will be the last water heater I buy.  #2 it’s just me here and it makes no sense to keep gallons of water heated on demand 24/7.  I just hope this thing holds it self together until I can sort things out with Momma.  She is priority #1 when it comes to expenses. 

I did keep busy today more so than normal.  I scanned a bunch of my old tax records and then shredded the originals.  That was a fun little exercise.  I zipped the files and encrypted them.  Then placed them in my on-line vault for safe keeping.  It’s something that I need to hang on to but not something that I need to occupy space.  I’ve got lots of paper here like that and scanning it and eliminating the physical copy is something I should do.  It’s not something that will happen in a weekend or even a day.  It will take time and eventually I will get it all done.  I am in no hurry. 

I called my friend and he was of some comfort to me but in the end he didn’t offer me any advice other than it’s going to cost a lot and I should consider how much I want to spend and how the cat feels.  Big whoop I already knew that.  This isn’t my first rodeo.  I didn’t want to call him but eventually I caved and had to talk with someone.  I will be chatting about her tomorrow at work and she will be at the forefront of my mind for a very long time. 

My back is in a bunch of knots.  My massage the other day just irritated things and didn’t really solve anything.  Not sure that I will be going back this week but maybe.  I really need for payday to hit and see what I have left.  I have to send money to pay off vet bills and my Amazon Prime Membership as well as the pants I ordered.  None of this is due now but it will be and I don’t like to wait for the bills to show up in the mail as a surprise.  I like to pay for things in full once I have the money.  I don’t carry any credit card debt and I am quite proud of that.  I’ve got a personal loan for the roof that will finally be paid for after this year and then I will have some extra cash to save and hopefully will be able to finally start to get ahead. 

Going to surf for some porn then go get a massage from my machine and call it a night.  Watching TV with the kids and resting up for what I am sure will be a hell of a week. 

Cheers for now!

No comments: