13 January 2020

Bigger isn’t better

The excess fluid appears to be gone from Momma.  She looks really good.  Her paw does seem bigger to me.  I was rubbing it this morning and she yelped outside of that she is still walking on it like nothing is wrong.  Eating, drinking and acting kind of normal.  She’s not jumping or playing and I am unsure if I will see that again. 

The vet that I originally saw on Thursday won’t be back until Wednesday.  So if we don’t have some progress by then I will be calling for another appointment.  I don’t want to obsess over this but it’s my little girl and while she appears to be tolerating it, to me it looks painful as hell.  I really think she needs another antibiotic to clear this up.  I also think that her “heart issue” will clear on it’s own once this infection or whatever it is has left her body, that is if we can get it to leave. 

I have done a bit of on-line research.  The long acting antibiotic that is in her system is active for 2 weeks but it remains in the body for 65 days.  That’s kind of crazy.  If you have an allergic or adverse reaction your pretty well fucked because there is no way to get it out once it’s in.  Lots of horror on line but I can find that with a lot of drugs both human and animal.  This stuff has worked wonders for us in the past across the whole family.  It’s what helped to give Ruth extra time.  I’m not a vet and not telling them how to do their job but her paw shouldn’t be the same size or worse 4 days after the injection.  Something is clearly wrong.  However I will exercise my patience.  It’s not my strong suite, especially when it comes to medical care regardless of who it’s for. 

My night of sleep was okay, I woke up for a little bit but turned on the electric blanket and rolled over.  I woke up 25 minutes before I was supposed to get up.  I gave in and got up early.  Everyone was thankful for that.  Traffic was a bit of a nightmare and I was on the fence about going to work.  However, I talked myself into it.  I wanted to take Momma back to the vet but figured it wouldn’t do any good because I’d wind up with the same doc as I had yesterday.  So I thought why waste the effort, time and most of all money.  They won’t see her for free and I want maximum value for my money.  I hope this is much ado about nothing but based on what I am seeing I don’t think so. 

I just life to go back to a state of normal.  Funny because when it’s normal I’m bored and not happy with that either.  Sort of like the weather when it’s cold you want it warmer and when it’s warm you want it colder.  It’s a never ending cycle.  However, I could use less drama and bad news I want my momma back.  I know the song goes I want my baby back, my baby back ribs but in this case it’s my momma.  She is my world and the matriarch of our family. 

To error on the side of caution I clipped Gators nails last night they were pretty sharp so maybe this was a claw thing.  I’ll never know and honestly don’t care.  Just want to fix the problem. 

Work is a little busy and has helped distract me a little bit.  I talked with my boss so he is prepared for whatever happens.  I know that this momma issue will gobble up more of my time and that isn’t what I want either but it’s family first. 

Happy Monday!

No comments: