23 October 2019

Sneezing

Hello and welcome to another installment of my blathering. 

For dinner last night I had a Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo.  It was odd when I opened the package there was film covering the food but there was also an extra piece.  I thought that was interesting but it was a sign of things to come.  As I began to eat I noticed that the noodles tasted odd, but yet I kept on going.  The rest of the meal was fine and I did finish it.  I didn’t get sick from it last night but right now I feel a little odd. 

I lit my Christmas Eve scented Yankee Candle.  This is my favorite scent they make.  Only problem is I am allergic to it.  So it’s a love hate thing.  I let the candle burn and took in the smell as my nose began to itch and then the sneezing started.  I suffered for a bit and then opted to blow it out.  As I did that I had a random though if oxygen feeds a fire then why is it when you blow a candle you extinguish the flame.  I mean we breathe oxygen.  I’m sure there is some science reason and it probably involves carbon dioxide but it just left me wondering. 

Work was super busy this morning when I started.  We have an Application Control policy in place so your not able to install anything unless it’s on the approved list.  Our vendor regularly updates the list with new programs and they won’t tell us despite multiple requests.  So we start getting alerts that a program was detected and they just keep coming in machine by machine.  Overnight a new program was detected and the alerts were chirping loudly this morning.  So I had some work to do.  I added the application to the allow list for a specific group but that was prior to sending an email to find out why the app was in use and what the business need for it was.  Apparently that email even though it was only sent to a couple people was forwarded on and kicked up quite the fuss.  I had a call from my boss that quickly turned into a conference call and we basically had to say this is what happened and it’s fixed.  Now everyone is happy or so I think.

I got Ms. Momma shut down with a band-aid and first aid tape.  She has been licking it for a couple days now.  I am thinking of removing it tonight to let some air hit the wound and then tape it back up.  This seems to be the only way to keep her from licking or chewing on it. 

Marv was on the couch last night and wanted me to scoot closer to him and when I did he curled up and began to sleep.  He woke up after being out for a while and cried then just jumped off the couch with little warning time for me to react.  He did okay but he walked a little funny for a minute.  The last thing I need is for him is to get hurt from jumping.  He’s an old man and those bones are fragile but apparently stronger than I think they are.

Gator was all content last night but this morning she was up my butt wanting attention.  I gave in and passed out some but no matter how much I give her, it’s never enough and she wants more.  Sort of like giving a kid candy. 

I took a moment before I nodded off last night to appreciate what I have and think of how many blessings I have.  Not much going on in my life right now just holed up here at home – eat, sleep, work, relax, repeat.  Looking forward to a couple days off, despite being on-call in the evening.  It’s usually quiet and if that keeps up it will be like having 2 days off for real. 

Happy Humping Day.  Hope your safe, warm and have a belly full of good food.  Be well, talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: