21 October 2019

Mundane Monday

I think Monday’s are the worst day of the week.  Everyone is trying to get their groove back after being able to take a slumber for 2 days and it’s tough. 

We had an okay Sunday night, watching TV, relaxing together and I had the frozen pizza for supper.  I also shaved which wasn’t a fun task because I rushed it a little bit.  Everyone was chirping at me for food.

It was a little tough to get going this morning but we all made it.  The cats were so confused because it was overcast out and there were no lights on so the house was dimly lit.  I got them their food and prepared mine.  Turned the TV on and we were on our way. 

Forced myself to take a shower, usually if I had one the day before I skip 1 day but just opted to keep up a normal routine.  As the time evaporated before our eyes I was in front of my computer way quicker than I wanted to be.  I saw one of those blue screens with the sideways sad face.  That was on 1 monitor and the other monitor had regular wallpaper on it.  I shut the machine down as I was thinking today is the one day I need this damn thing to work.  Come on computer. 

It came back to life and I was off and running.  Not sure what went awry but hopefully the bug has been flushed.  Logged in and started my day.  I got occupied with a couple things and the morning flew by.  We were about at lunch and I had to check on my Amazon order.  It was just delivered.  I raced upstairs to find all of the cats looking at the front door like someone was going to come through it.  Nope I opened the door and Marv ran for cover.  I grabbed the box from the porch with anticipation. 

I opened it and there was my pen, a refill and my cream of wheat.  I did the unboxing of the pen first.  Parker really got me going.  I normally open the pen and start to write with it but this time for some strange reason I decided to open the pen.  When I did I pulled out a plastic insert that resembled a refill and I thought are you shitting me?  You couldn’t even include a refill with the pen.  Well dig a little deeper in the box and at the very bottom is the cartridge.  They of course sent the standard black ink which I despise, thankfully I had 1 of the refills.  I installed it and then put it to the test.  Holy shit it’s amazing.  You can change up your writing, pressure and angle of the pen and it keeps up.  It feels like a combination of a felt tip and a rollerball.  It’s suppose to be as if they fused a rollerball and fountain pen together.  The fountain pen part is all in the styling so from a quick first look you think it’s a fountain pen but it’s not. 

Last night I found a couple reviews online and watched them.  Both of them gave it horrible reviews said that it wasn’t worth the money.  The only thing I agree on is the refills are priced high and the availability is limited. 

I’ve got Cinabon Cream of Wheat to last me for a while.  3 boxes of 10 pouches each.  Guess what’s for breakfast tomorrow morning?  I’m so looking forward to it.  I really don’t understand why I have to buy it on Amazon vs getting it at the grocery store but for some reason that is the way it is. 

I made and gulped down a sandwich and then got in some sitting time with Marv and Momma.  Watched a game show that I recorded by accident last night called Idiot Test.  It was on the Game Show Network, kind of interesting but not something I really want to watch again.  I have a marathon of Family Feud’s to go through.  Steve Harvey is always entertainment. 

Marv got a little sick over lunch and Momma had been chewing again.  I am looking forward to this evening when we can hopefully relax and unwind.  I will be a slave to my phone but only because I am on-call.  Hopefully, it will be silent.

Not much going on this afternoon but that can change in the blink of an eye.  So I have to be prepared.  Informed the kids at lunch that I will be making a pie run on Friday.  Unless my mood or circumstances change that is the plan.  There is a Cinnamon Pecan Roll and a Pie calling me.  It’s been a long while and the trip doesn’t hold as much joy for me now as it did when we originally made our pilgrimages but that’s because my spouse won’t be with me.  It does suck to drive it alone but it’s not like this will be my first time doing that. 

About 3 more hours and then it will be time for supper.  Oh I’ve still got 1 more Amazon delivery today to look forward to.  That’s got my candle in it.  Tomorrow will be shaving gel and the other refill for the pen.  How exciting the zip will be gone pretty fast.  I still need to order my male calendars so at least I have that to look forward to.  Cheers for now.   

No comments: