14 October 2019

Lacking Motivation

I’m here sitting in my chilly office at a balmy 70 degrees.  It was in the 40’s when I came in.  Glad I got out the winter coat.  I woke up one minute before the alarm was set to sound.  My fresh bed felt great.  Pillows got their fluff back and I only needed 1 of them instead of 2.  Closed my door to keep the heat in and the cats out.  It worked great. 

I had no problems getting moving, despite not wanting to.  I made it here usual time and no issues.  It was 68 degrees in my office when I arrived.  Other parts of the office were at 77.  Not sure how I wound up on the short stick but I’m working to fix that.  Thankfully I have my heater in my office.  I closed the door and turned it up.  Opened the window blinds to let in a little light.  It was tolerable but now it’s super bright and I am going to turn out the lights next.  I like sitting in a dimly lit area it’s appealing for some strange reason.  I am lacking motivation to get going.  I went through all of my regular motions and even took care of an out of the blue request but otherwise I am delaying tasks because it’s going to be a long day.  Not much going on, in fact the week as a whole I can say the same thing.  I’m already picking out days to be at home.  Friday will be one of them for sure.

Momma chewed on her sore last night after the lights went out but the TV was still on.  I got her to the kitchen and cleaned her up.  She was bleeding pretty good.  I got it to stop, she wasn’t happy about it but other than a couple of verbal outburst she didn’t do anything about it.  I put the collar back on and more medicine of course.  It’s folded inward so she doesn’t shake her head and try to back up.  It looks more like a dress and she seems to tolerate it better.  She chowed down this morning so that’s a good thing.  I know she wants out of it but we will be back to square one if I give in.  So I am trying to be strong and not give in. 

I haven’t had a Monday feel more like a Monday than today.  Hopefully things will turn around.  That will probably happen about the time to go home.  Paying bills tonight and then spending time with the kids watching TV as I prepare for Tuesday. 

Happy Monday everyone.  If your in Canada Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: