20 October 2019

Break Day

Saturday was a break day for me.  I didn’t do much of anything other than sleep and watch TV.  I plowed through Goliath Season 3 on Amazon and also saw Prescience which had Mike C. Manning in it.  Nice chest and butt shots, it was a great movie. 

I woke up with a blood sugar level of 104, which is really good.  I had a couple of donuts for breakfast and a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup – wash that down with a Diet Coke.  I know not the most healthy of meals but when the sugar wore off I was sleepy and that permitted me to go back to bed. 

I didn’t get in front of the computer once, I never even came downstairs.  I would periodically check my phone but it spent the bulk of the day in Airplane Mode.  I truly wanted to disconnect from everything outside of my house. 

Despite all of the sleeping I did I set up for bed at my usual time and eventually fell asleep around 11p.  I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t sleep so I had to take in some TV for a bit.  Then crawled back into bed after about an hour.  I told the cats that I needed to sleep in but I also needed to be up by 7:30.  They accommodated me and my internal clock helped me to be awake. 

Sunday started much differently.  I fed the cats, jumped into the shower and then got dressed.  I pulled together the laundry and got it in.  I left the house and grabbed the mail.  Then took in breakfast.  Went to the grocery store, which is probably the last time I will be in that store.  Kind of sad.  Since they are closing nothing is being re-stocked and they are running out of everything.  I was barley able to get what I needed.  I had planned on getting a platter of brownies or grabbing some fresh cookies.  They didn’t have brownies and I saw the cookies but I didn’t want to part with my cash.  Came home and unloaded and put everything away. 

Sat quietly on the couch, Marv joined me.  Then Momma and Insty poked her head up from her bed and squeezed at me.  I enjoyed quiet time and watching them sleep.  It is like a sleeping pill for me.  Marv woke up and wanted down so I put him on the floor and then I went to my bed.  I picked Marv up and put him in bed with me.  Gator was quick to follow us.  We took a nap, I got maybe 15 to 30 minutes of sleep.  I needed to pass time before the pet food store opened. 

Woke up and grabbed their cat food.  Came home and cycled the laundry.  I went a little nuts yesterday on Amazon.  I bought the pen I have always wanted a Parker 5th Generation Technology.  It’s suppose to fuze the writing experience of a rollerball with a fountain pen.  Sounds interesting and something that I have wanted for a very long time.  I got a few other things that I have been holding off but when I was done I had spent $270.  Everything is 100% returnable so there is no risk.  However, unless the pen writes horribly I’ll keep it.  I sent money this morning to the credit card I put it on so everything is already paid for before the bill even arrives.  That felt so good. 

I’ve still got money left over, a decent amount but I also have to have money to live for the rest of the month.  There is plenty left for a pie trip which I will most likely take on Friday.  I smell the odor creeping back into the basement so looks like I will be painting as well.  That should take care of this for good minus the floor. 

Amazon will be here tomorrow and as you probably guessed I will be working from home.  How convenient.  I had planned on going back but honestly there isn’t a lot going on this week.  It’s only a 3 day week for me so I have that to look forward to.  I will also be on-call for the week which won’t be fun but only 3 more turns at that and the year will be over with.  Then we start fresh.  What fun.  I’ll be on-call for the week of Christmas which honestly noting really happens.  It’s just a messed up week because we work on Monday, off Tuesday & Wednesday and then back to work on Thursday.  There is another week that I may look at working from home. 

I still have to vacuum and take out the trash and clean the bathtub.  The cats are really used to me being here.  I kind of feel like I am slowly going insane but another part of me likes the isolation.  I just know that this isn’t a long term solution because if it were long term that would be a problem.  One needs social interaction.  While it saves on gas, convenient because you can have lunch at home and be with the cats it takes away from the routine that I looked forward to.  Next week I will try to make it all 5 days in the office.  That will be a shock to me, to the cats and probably to my co-workers. 

I am giving some thought to leaving for supper but I also know there is a Tombstone Pizza that is calling my name and I so look forward to eating it.  Still working on Adam Rippon’s book, down to about an hour left.  Ms. Momma has gone back to chewing and undone all of the progress we made.  My comforter has little blood spots all over it.  I am not sure how we are going to move past this but I am thinking that it will involve the vet.  I just don’t need any bad news.  If there is something horrible going on, let it go on without my knowledge the less I know the happier I am, at least if she is going to drop dead I mean.  If it’s anything else then inform and educate.  I know she is a very old lady but that doesn’t mean she is ready to give up.  I know I am not. 

So my weekend didn’t turn out as I had hoped but it could have been worse.  Happy to have an income, roof over my head and money to be able to provide for myself and the furry family. 

I hope your weekend was everything you needed & wanted it to be.  Enjoy the hours we have left.  Monday will be knocking before any of us want it to.  Stay warm and be well. 

No comments: