Honestly I wasn’t terribly keen on visiting the doctor today. I would have just as soon stayed home. However, between the cats and time I was pressured into putting one foot in front of the other. I have been warm ever since I left the house, kind of feels like I might be getting ready to be ill. However, otherwise I feel perfectly fine.
I didn’t go into my depression but I know I should have. I did mention the mold and we chatted about my blood sugar. I talked about my thigh and how it’s always tingling. It’s from being overweight and wearing too tight of a belt. Being more sedentary doesn’t help and what actually happened is a nerve got pinched. It will take a couple weeks to sort its self out but this should go away. Lord I hope so. I got my lab orders and will be at the hospital tomorrow morning ready to get pricked and not in a good way.
While I was driving I thought about going back to work every day and in fact that topic came up in my office visit. I kind of like staying home and not having to deal with the hustle and bustle of traffic. Mentally I know it’s not healthy to do this long term because I am isolated and bad things happen when you isolate yourself. If you need proof of that go look up solitary confinement and you should get all of the proof you need. I know that eventually my benefit will wear off and I will be required to go back, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t ever be able to work at home again. For sure in about 2 weeks I will need to go in because there is this razzle dazzle meeting about disaster planning and recovery. I’m on a crisis team and that’s not something I signed up for. This is one of those things that you are glad you have the training but hope you will never need it. Sort of like Active Shooter Training.
Right now I have doubts about going for pie tomorrow. In fact I’ll go so far as to say it will be postponed until Thanksgiving week, which is around the corner. However, I may surprise you as well as myself. There are local errands that I need to run and I am not 100% sure that I will be up for the task of a really long drive. I may visit the pizza place which is about 45 minutes away. Hell today it was an hours drive each way to the doctor and that wasn’t terribly fun for me. It’s different driving for food. The drive it’s self gave me a reason to continue Adam Rippon’s audio book. I am down to the last 10 minutes and want to be at home when I finish it, which will be later tonight. It has been an interesting listen and I’m glad that I got it for free.
I did treat myself and stopped off for some Steak N Shake during Happy Hour and got a 1/2 price drink and 1/2 price shake. The food was good but I really wish I would have went to Wendy’s there chili is just so much better. Hey tomorrow is another day. It did feel good though to enjoy a treat as unhealthy as it was. While I was there I turned work email on since I am on-call now that it’s after 5p I wanted to be in the loop of anything that arose during the day. An email came in from a lady that I got a call about at 10p on Monday. It was sent to all of the top brass and I was praised for my good job. That too felt really good. I’m so lucky in that I am well respected and people truly do appreciate me. However, I know in the grand scheme of things if I dropped dead they would replace me in a heart beat.
All of my Amazon deliveries have been made. The calendars came and I made some good choices. The selection each year diminishes and it’s a difficult task but I chose from what I am given. My Cross Nitro pen came and I am truly in love with this. Such an inexpensive pen that writes so well and is so stylish. Kind of makes me want to send the more expensive pen I got this week back for a refund. I’m not saying I will do that but price doesn’t always mean your getting top notch, it just means that someone is getting rich off of your choice. My all time favorite brand is and will always be Mont Blanc they are second to none in my mind. The writing experience is truly unique and until you have written with one you just won’t understand. It’s sort of like driving a luxury vehicle, they seem to be overpriced but once you ride in one you won’t want to go back to normal ever again.
While I have blessings in my life, I also have curses and the curses seems to out weigh the blessings. I’ve been thinking about Ruth lately and today I had a dream about her when I was napping off the Steak N Shake. It was more like a nightmare. She wasn’t happy with me and I was dealing with having to let her go all over again. That whole playing God thing really messes with my mind. I know I did the right thing for her, there is no question or doubt. I just hate that it came to that. I think about losing all of them at different points and that is really going to kill me inside. I love them so much and we have been together for so long to part ways just seems so unfair.
Ah there I go again being depressing. Sorry about that. In other news for the first time I have all 3 of my machines on line. My primary machine is a desktop that I use day to day. I have a laptop that sits on the kitchen table and gets updated here and there. I have another laptop that I had at the office so that I can surf and do things while I am at work but not using my work computer. Well the 2 laptops have been offline for a while and they need updates. Windows will be releasing a Fall Update next month (anticipated) there wont’ be much from a consumer point of view that is interesting. However, there will be a Spring update that will take forever to download and it should have more things we are interested in, so I am to understand. All I can do is stay tuned with you. Updates and patching are a way of life and while they can break things from time to time, they mostly fix things. I wish I could plug in and get some updates for my body that would make me look better, feel better, run leaner and healthier not to mention look better. Well off to tend to those machines and watch some TV as well as pass out treats for the cats. It’s amazing how expectant they have grown for ‘treat time’ then again they were raised on it. We just stopped it for several years because everyone was getting way too fat. Now the only fat one is Gator. Momma and Marv could stand to put on a couple pounds but thanks to their thyroids that won’t happen.
Happy Friday eve. Be well and stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment