Last night just before I passed out supper, I noticed that Momma had ripped off the Band-Aid. The wound was healing so nice. Just before I climbed into bed I saw something on the comforter and picked it up, it was in fact the scab that had formed. Silly woman, I’m not happy about it but haven’t looked to see how things look now. I will venture down that road today.
I managed to keep myself occupied pretty well up until 8p when I was exhausted and bored. Not a good combination. So I opted to get ready for bed. I took my sleeping pill early and of course that meant that I was wide awake at 3a. Thankfully I had recorded a few episodes of Family Feud so I had some entertainment. I turned up the furnace and turned on the electric blanket. That made Gator & Momma not want to leave my side. They actually spend most of the night with me until around 4 or 5 in the morning when they leave. When the light kicks on in the living room at 6a they start chirping that it’s time to wakeup. This was one of those mornings where I could have easily done without that but told them to give me another hour and I would be up. I didn’t like it but I was up.
So here I am once again working from home. I planned for a shower this morning but since I slept in that didn’t quite work out well for me. I was thinking of visiting a local pizza place and ordering some Lasagna a way to venture out for supper. Not sure that I really want to do that now. I will venture out to the end of the driveway to grab the trash can and I think that will be my extent of getting out.
I am noticing a change in my body from all of this sitting and I can see why they call being sedentary the new cancer. My mind is sharp but I feel like my body is falling apart. My one leg falls asleep more than once a day. It actually hurts me to open Marv medicine bottle, it’s got one of those god awful child proof caps on it. It’s a simple press and turn but I feel a pain in my arm. The good news is that when I randomly check my blood sugar it’s in control even though my appetite is out of control when it comes to sugar. So I think the doc will be pleased with the results from the blood work next week.
Right now all I really want to do is sleep, I am so tired. I know what will happen if I do nap or sleep – things will suddenly become very busy and I will not be a happy camper. So here I sit waiting for something to go wrong. Friday’s are typically but not always quiet days.
My back is bothering me so I am thinking of taking a heavy duty muscle relaxer which will induce sleep once it kicks in. That has the risk of wiping away a good portion of tomorrow but I kind of feel like I need the sleep. Plus being able to turn off the phone and knowing that I don’t have to jump for anyone is an awesome feeling for me. All hunkered down and knocked out. Then back to normal on Sunday. Monday I am on the fence right now if I want to go in or work from home. It’s only a 3 day week next week for me. Thursday will be tied up with the doctor but Friday is free. I could take a drive and grab some pie and I would still have the weekend to fall back on.
Who knows what will happen, just stay tuned to find out. Right now the only thing I can say for certain is I am tired and a bit on the bored side. If I went into the office today things would be the same, except that I would be surrounded by a bunch of loud people. At least I have some quiet at home and that is refreshing in it’s self. Not to mention the gas and laundry I am saving. The water expense will go up but that will be very minor in the grand scheme of things. I should really reach out to my insurance agent and let him know that I am working from home to further reduce my car insurance but I don’t want to screw with things. This is only a temporary thing that I could easily get used to. The only part I don’t like about it is when I have to pick up the phone to reach someone, people screen their calls and when they see an external number appear they tend to shy away from answering. At least if I was in the office they would see my name appear on the display. I could opt to get a phone for home but I really want to avoid that if I can, it would be a blessing and a curse.
I hope that your enjoying your Friday and that you have a great weekend. Thanks for your virtual visit. Talk with you again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment