Thing started off well for me, getting up and moving. Feeding the kids and getting myself out the door. I arrived at the hospital and that is when the trouble started. The waiting like to get to the registration kiosk was long, the waiting room was full of people and I had to sit for a while before I got to interact with a human. After that it was pretty quick. I was there roughly about an hour. Figuring the worst of it was behind me I headed off to breakfast.
Got into Cracker Barrel with ease, weekdays are busy but nothing like a weekend or a Friday night. Where people are just oozing everywhere. I got a table and placed my order. It took a while for my drink to arrive as well as my food but they got there. Just after I placed my order my phone started ringing. I thought that was strange so I looked to see if this was a real call or a spammer. Turns out it was real, the hospital was calling. They said one of the samples spoiled and I needed to come back to be re-drawn. They like wanted me to jump and come back right away but I told the lady, sorry I am eating breakfast. It will have to be tomorrow. So that’s okay because I need to be fasting. I hadn’t had any food but I did have some soda and why risk botching the results.
So much for having a day when I will be able to sleep in, guess I will have to rely on naps. That soured my day and I really lost my drive to keep going. However, I finished my food which I was starving for. Then headed to the pet food store. After that I hit up the credit union that has my car loan. I asked about lowering the APR. They can bring it down but it’s not going to change the payment and it would only shorten the loan by 1 month. I’d have to unfreeze my credit for them to be able to work with it. If I wanted to have the payment amount changed they would charge me a service fee of $200 and it wouldn’t go down a lot so it’s really not worth it. It’s like that saying, somethings are best left alone that applies here. Credit Karma has been after me for a while to refinance and they can get me a lower rate and lower payment but they leave out the cost for the title change and any fees associated with transferring the loan, so it looks appealing but in reality it’s not.
After that I came home and started to review mail from work, a lot of babbling and messages to file in the trash. It’s really funny that people think I am coming back into the office on Monday. I still have the option to work from home and as cold as it’s getting I am probably going to use that. Thursday snow is in the forecast. Snow and I don’t even have my wardrobe changed to long sleeves yet.
I still have a couple errands to run. I did want to see a movie but turns out it’s not playing in my neck of the woods and I would need to do serious travel to see it. I am not that interested. I could go for pie but I would be in rush hour traffic coming back, not interested in that. I could probably make tomorrow but I will schedule the trip during my Thanksgiving vacation.
My two laptops are applying the latest windows updates and they are at 3% it’s going to be a long process and I don’t plan on sticking around to watch it. Need to get moving, the machines will be here tonight. I just woke from a nice nap with the cats. I turned off the phone but forgot to turn off Marvin’s microphone. He started howling and woke me up at least two times. Sure wish everyone including animals came with a mute button, it’s needed sometimes.
Just got roped into doing some emergency work for work. Now I need to leave here before I wind up spending all of my time on the computer. Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment