I’m down in the dumps as they say. This mold issue is eating at the fiber of my very being. We had a sprinkle this morning and very high humidity. I checked and things appear to be drying out. That’s a good sign. However, I am holding my breath. I need a good rain shower to come through and that should help give me answers. I could need foundation waterproofing in addition to getting the mold out. Time will tell.
I just found a company out of the blue based on BBB reviews and this is a national company that franchises. I see great reviews and someone said they were “affordable” not exactly sure what that means. However, I’m very interested in a quote and think that I will glean information from a visit. I was surprised that my phone rang within minutes of me submitting an inquiry. So were off to a good start, considering that it’s a Sunday night on a holiday weekend. I set the appointment on Friday afternoon, considering that I have the day off it will be a good use of my time. If this truly is “affordable” then I will jump on it but everyone has a different interpretation of that word. Hopefully my car will be done by then. I don’t anticipate any bad news with the car but one never knows.
I know my mood will be wide swinging and staying busy will be a good thing. Getting back to work will help. Things should be extra busy this week considering that were going to try to cram 5 days into a 4 and for me it’s 5 days into 3.
In other news, I got the grocery shopping done. Picked up cat food and took a drive for Chicago Style Pizza. Jesus they poured on the cheese and it was really good. I forgot to say well done but somehow it came out just perfect. There was a small group with 3 kids in the place and they quickly started to tap dance on my last nerve. My waitress focused on the small party instead of me but I did manage to get some attention just in time for a drink refill. The drive was enjoyable.
From my adventures in jury rigging the gutter yesterday I have mosquito bites. That itch like no tomorrow. On is on my left hand and the other is on my left pinky finger right in the second knuckle. I stopped by Walgreens and was looking for Lanacane but they didn’t sell that. All I saw was hydrocortisone, I got some Aveeno which usually does the trick. Lanacane is what I like for serious itches because it’s got a topical numbing agent that turns off the itch like nobody’s business. I’m ready to start clawing at the bites and that will only make things worse. I’ve got a spot on my right arm that I am not sure what it is. I have a slight worry for poison ivy and hope that I don’t have that. I start thinking about all of this and I’m ready to go break out the Benadryl. That will help and aid in sleeping as well.
I’ve saved some of my chores for tomorrow so I will have something to do. I got this crazy idea of resting but instead procrastination kicked in.
Tomorrow is a very special day for me. I will turn 48. The stress of the mold issue the fact that I am alone and really have no good friends all hit me this afternoon. I miss my spouse things were so different when he was alive and had he been here I am confident that there wouldn’t be a mold situation to deal with. However, I stopped to think about all of the problems that seemed next to impossible to get through that I thought surely would be the end and I managed to get through them, it wasn’t easy or cheap but here I am. Hopefully that will be the case with this issue. I also hope that this is the last year I am alone. I feel 2020 is a special year and am eager to jump in. I normally would get a birthday card from my brother but that didn’t happen this year. I’m not surprised or shocked at all. My expectation is that I will be all alone on my birthday and that few people will acknowledge the day. That hurts and it hurts to be all alone but I’ll cry about it, dust myself off and get right back up and keep on moving because that is what I do.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope things are way better for you than they seem to be for me. I’ll talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment