01 February 2019

Time for a drink

I’m not sure what it is about pharmacies and me, but as of late we are not getting along at all.  You heard my sleeping pill woes in an earlier post.  My doc dent over new scripts as I was told and thus far they are in the ether.  I have to check back tomorrow to see if they have shown up. 

Today’s bigger problem is with Sudafed.  Now I know it’s used to make meth but I’ve got year round allergies and w/o this medicine life is uncomfortable at best.  I found a website that issues discount coupons.  I printed out a coupon and took that along with a script to my pharmacy this morning.  I was away for 5 minutes when they called me and said they couldn’t fill it.  I had to come back to get the document I dropped off and the coupon.  So I went in the afternoon to a different pharmacy, they played along until the script got to the pharmacist.  She didn’t want to fill the prescription.  She asked me what department I saw yesterday.  I said my PCP, she said oh you should take this every day, there are new protocols for treating allergies.  Do you take anything else, I said yes.  She called the doctors office in front of me and I knew already he had the day off.  She was trying to get them to void the prescription and they wouldn’t do that w/o talking with the dr.  I explained to her after she hung up that she had a valid prescription and I wanted her to fill it.  She declined so I said give it back to me, she did.  Off to yet another pharmacy to start the bullshit all over again.  So turns out they did fill the script and I had to pay full retail price.  The coupon I had was the problem, they can’t honor that because it’s for a specific NDC of drug and they don’t carry it and won’t order it.  FUCK.  To say I was furious was an understatement but I did get the medicine. 

I left the 3rd pharmacy and headed straight to Red Lobster.  I got a Pina Colada along with my Crab Alfredo and came home.  I have written the pharmacy’s headquarters as well as the coupon people’s headquarters, voicing my concerns and asking each of them to reimburse me as if the coupon was honored.  My hope is that 1 of them will give.  If they both give then hey I am money ahead.  I didn’t realize it but the price of stamps went up as well. 

I also got interrupted by work to take care of an access card issue.  It could have waited until Monday but everyone knows if you call me, I will jump in.  Next time I am off I am turning my phone off, that will prevent all calls and text messages.  I’m going to tell them I am taking time for me and can’t be disturbed for any reason or under any circumstance.  Fuck were all entitled to vacation and time away.  I don’t live and breath my job until I am actually at my job.  The part that sucks is I can’t charge for the interruption.  I was remoted in last night taking care of some promotions and noticed that stupid forgot to process a departure, so I tattled on him.  Fucking moron I wish he would pull his head out of his ass, I really hate working with the incompetent son of a bitch. 

The good news is that I got in some cuddle time with Marv.  We even laid in bed together but he left me pretty quickly.  I also got in a nap, went to sleep alone and woke up with a gator.  That is not unusual. 

I have plenty more errands to run but I also have a tomorrow, so I am in luck.  I’m going to make a list now so I don’t forget anything.  Getting upset isn’t exactly good for the memory.  I hope that tomorrow will be frustration free and the same for Sunday.  I need to get my vehicle washed but all of the car washes have lines.  Thinking of going back to the dealer, they offer free washes for life and it would save me a line, but they don’t exactly do a standup job.  I was by there today when I went to eat but since I had what I think of as gold (aka the medicine) in the car, I didn’t want to take any chances.  We shall see how the washes fair tomorrow.  One way or another I need a clean vehicle since there has been so much salt and chemicals on the road.  It looks like hell and I’m all about clean & shiny!

Here’s hoping that life is treating you well.  I’ll talk with you again soon.  Up to be with the kids and fall asleep.  Cheers!

No comments: