I have found the best tasting diet soda, which is Diet Coke Blueberry Acai. I have been searching for this for a while and saw an 8 pack of it and I absolutely love it. I am a freak when it comes to Blueberry anything and can never get enough. Gerber made a baby food when I was growing up called Blueberry Buckle, I loved it. Even when I wasn’t a baby. Sadly it’s no longer made, otherwise I’d be eating it as well. An 8 pack of this soda isn’t going to last long around me, I have already consumed 3 cans, might need to make a 2nd grocery store run just for this. Now you know it’s good because I hate the grocery store.
Woke up to an ice storm and I still managed to get out of the house, stop for breakfast, get groceries and gas. I thought I was done for the day but then I saw instructions on-line for how to properly flush your hot water heater. Mine is knocking and has been for a while. I have previously flushed it but turns out I was doing it all wrong. Long story short I was using a hose that was connected to my water softener. As per usual when I was putting it back on the water softener, I over tightened the plastic fitting and it snapped. I had a small puddle of water on the floor and had to shut off the water in the house. Went back out to the home improvement store. I’m telling you I was so lost. I knew what I wanted but laying it out in understandable terms was next to impossible. I picked out the closest thing to what I needed but the place where the hose attaches needed to be smaller. They didn’t have that. So I took a chance and bought it. Came home and had to use part of the old part with the new fitting and viola were in business. I am NEVER touching that hose again. It doesn’t appear to leak now and there is no reason to remove it. I will acquire a small hose to be able to drain the water heater in the future. After following the directions on-line I’m confident that the water heater has been properly flushed but unfortunately it still knocks. That means I’ll be buying a new water heater sooner rather than later. For now it still works and there is no reason to panic, that will only cost me more money in the end.
Jesus after all of that I needed a nap. I took 45 minutes and it was so worth it. Then I had to spring into action with house cleaning and finishing up the laundry. That took up the balance of the afternoon. Now I have a little time to pass before the good tv comes on and it’s time to call it a day.
Priced out medication for the kids on-line. Vet Rx Direct has the cheapest prices for what I need. So I have to make an appointment for Marv, not just a blood draw but an actual see the vet appointment in order to get new prescriptions. Then I can just have a blood draw done on Momma, combine the visits or at least schedule them in the same day and I will easily be over the $200 mark, at which point I can use a special credit card and get a 0% loan for 6 months rather than having to part with all of the cash now. The medicine has to be paid for with a credit card. I counted out pills and I’ve got about a month before we need to panic.
The smell in the house has left except for the master bedroom and it’s not occupied so I don’t have a huge concern at the moment. As the weather gets warmer this could become an issue again but hopefully not. I’m not ripping up my deck it cost a small fortune to get it added and it was a DYI project so there is plenty of time and labor involved. I may need someone with a thermal camera to come and scan to see what is under the deck, then figure out how to remove it and finally seal up the tunnels once I am sure nothing living is inside. That too sounds like a costly little project. That’s the trouble with home ownership you have to use your money to fix the problems. Oh joy!
I saw an ad on Facebook about a posture correcting harness. I looked on Amazon and sure enough they have them. I hope it helps me and it’s not uncomfortable to wear. Being hunched over the computer all day really wreaks havoc on my upper back and has for years. I got one on it’s way along with some cat food, soap and a new don’t bother me sign for my front door and a new belt. I’m just spending my tax return like I already have money in the bank but trying not to go terribly overboard.
Speaking of health. I heard back from my doctor and like I thought he is not happy with my A1C results, they are way too high and have been for quite sometime. He wanted to add back a drug that caused me severe diarrhea and who knows he may do so in a small dose but hopefully not. He told me that were getting close to injectables and that my friends is what will motivate me to behave and not consume as much sugar as I do. I know I am my own worst enemy. I don’t want to have to stab myself each day, even if it’s a tiny prick ( I hate those, I’m more of a size queen). There are some coverage issues, you have to buy the medicine usually in pen form and then buy needles to go with it. You wind up bruising the hell out of your stomach. My late partner went this route a couple times and hated it. So I know what I am in for and while my house is loaded with sugar now, I am going to try to taper off and see if I can’t get back to a more normal A1C. I should hear back from the doc in a day or two. I did let him know about how I feel and the prior medication he wanted to put me on.
Another round of freezing rain is moving in overnight for several hours. So the morning commute could be tricky and this could easily be a work from home type day. I don’t want to wreck or get hurt but at the same time I am not a wimp when it comes to winter weather. Driving on ice is very dangerous and usually where I draw the line. They have closed other offices due to weather but it seems like here it takes a miracle for that to happen and now that I am salaried I probably would have to work from home. Yet another perk of an hourly employee likely gone. Then again it’s not everyday that the office shuts down.
That my friends is all she wrote, at least for this post. Onward towards the week ahead. Being on-call and dealing with stupid. I hope it’s not a horrible week and that it’s over just as quickly as it began. Stay warm, well and best wishes for the week ahead. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment