27 January 2019

Average Sunday

I got up and got breakfast out for the kids.  Then sat with my phone for about a 1/2 hour to catch up on the world at large.  No emails from work, so that is a very good thing.  Then got dressed and got out the door.  First stop my usual Steak N Shake.  My favorite waitress was on vacation.  Her side kick  that I don’t care for much was there but she was sick, like so sick she shouldn’t have come to work.  Thankfully someone else came in and I got that waitress instead of the sickie.  Chowed down and then it was on to my next stop.  That would be the grocery store.  Zipped in and out, spent an okay amount of money.  Then home to unload and thaw out for a 1/2 hour. 

I sat with Marv on the couch and he snuggled with my arm again.  I got another good photo.  I showed him that I set it as my wallpaper, he knew it was him but outside of that I don’t know that he was terribly phased by it.  I left him on the couch since I knew he was relaxed.  I told him to take a nap but did he?  Of course not, you can’t command a cat like you can a  dog.  They are far too independent. 

Out the door I went to grab a haircut.  I walked in and we were all set to get started and then I heard you need cash today.  Our card machine isn’t working so if you don’t have cash you’ll have to leave and come back or just leave.  Fuck me.  I walked out and was determined not to go back but then it hit me, there is a grocery store near by.  Purchase something, get cash back.  I did that and went back.  Then I got pawned off on another stylist.  I left happy with my hair cut but not happy with the service.  So I filled out an on-line complaint form to provide feedback.  I think I will get a free hair cut out of it but time will tell.  What made things worse is that I looked at the grocery store receipt and there was a coupon for $5 off of a hair cut.  Seriously.  I already got a $5 discount from some goofy point system they have so my shampoo was free but $5 off of the haircut would have been even better.  I saved the coupon it’s good until April or May so I’ll use it for sure.  I don’t like ultimatums and that is what has my feathers ruffled.  I get the point and there is a way to convey that without upsetting anyone. 

Haircut is done and I am out and on to my next stop.  The gas station, where I only had to put in $7 worth of gas.  That came from filling up on Friday.  I always start the week off on a full tank, it’s just been my practice for years on end regardless of the weather.  Then on to my last and final stop which was home.  It’s really cold out here, more so than what we are used to.  So coming in to a nice warm house with three faces to greet me was very comforting. 

I had a couple Cherry Pies (small snack type things, where there is barley enough there to call it a snack).  Watched a little TV and then decided to take a nap.  Just as I drifted off someone decided to stir up a ruckus getting out of the litter box and it was enough to startle me awake.  I rolled over and when I woke up about an hour later all 3 cats were in my room.  Momma in the chair.  Gator in the bed with me.  Marv on the floor next to the bed.  We love each other and it shows. 

Did the house cleaning and cleaned up the back window on the vehicle.  It’s going to rain on Monday and the car washes (despite the temperatures) are packed full.  I am waiting until later in the week when I am off, the lines won’t be as long and there won’t be rain the forecast.  Until then it’s Windex and Paper towels. 

Lots of decent TV on this evening.  The Circus on Showtime, Fox has the Live version of RENT, Shameless on Showtime and Valley of the Boom parts 5 & 6 on NATGEO.  I am way early but momma was trying to get me away from the computer and upstairs.  It hasn’t worked yet but I will probably go up early.  I got some new Dark Raspberry Ice Cream that I am dying to dig into.  I need it like a hole in the head but that hasn’t stopped me before. 

So Monday will be calling soon.  Shame I can’t send it to voice mail.  Not looking forward to seeing the doctor later in the week but I am looking forward to time away.  Thinking of hitting up a fish fry on Friday.  It’s in my brothers neck of the woods and oddly enough they only take cash.  That’s not something I carry but knowing ahead of time helps so I will have to hit up an ATM.  If I don’t do that then I will likely either travel for pie or go to the buffet (which will be fish on Friday).  Doing something different and getting away for a bit is refreshing.  I don’t need to travel a miracle mile but a change of scenery is nice. 

Here’s hoping it’s a great week ahead for all of us.  Stay warm, well and have lots of good food.  Talk again soon. 

No comments: